Team Esbjerg was on the way to the finals in the women's Santander Cup, where the team is the defending champion, but Saturday's semi final ended yet in the big west jutland disappointment.
Esbjerg led 18-10 in the second half, but lost 25-27 to Odense, Handball.
The Dutch star Estavana Polman, who was his team's top scorer with nine goals, had subsequently difficult to find the words for his disappointment.
- I don't know what to say. You should be embarrassed, when you throw a lead of eight goals. Everyone went into a panic, and I did not understand it.
- It is so bad, I can't believe it. We are very disappointed and will not come to sleep in the night. The fight comes to run through the minds of the us 100 times, says Estavana Polman.
Esbjerg came in front 6-1 and went to the break with the lead at 15-8, after Sandra Toft had been going excellently in the goal.
Vestjyderne even came well in time with the second half, in Odense, denmark made a spectacular comeback by playing seven against six in the attack.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Photo: John Randeris/Ritzau Scanpix
Team Esbjerg coach Jesper Jensen experienced the worst of the second half.
- Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. We were not at all resolved their seven against six, and we put no shot even.
- So went there nerves in the us. We tried the reverse last year, when we were trailing by seven goals in the semi-final and turned it. Odense got blood on the tooth today, and the mental surplus and deficit was completely skewed.
- It is a big disappointment on home turf. It is close to terrible, says Jesper Jensen.
He acknowledges that it will be difficult to put the players up for the match for third place against Randers HK on Sunday.
- It will be probably quite difficult. So I have not said too much. It is limited in what you can mentally demand of the players after such an experience, and we have a match again already 2. January, points out the coach.
Sports and Games English star goes to school on the day - beats people to a pulp in the evening