It is now two weeks since Niklas Landin and the other håndboldlandsholdsspillere were hailed as champions after a show of strength on home soil in the Box.
But the Danish goalkeeper continues apparently storformen. Sunday evening was Landin the great plays, when he, together with his German club THW Kiel won 33-22 at stamford bridge in the EHF Cup group stage against the Spanish Fraikin Granollers.
- After a good start was the home team ahead 10-7, but at halftime they were still behind 11 to 18 thanks to a defense and a sensational Niklas Landin, sounds in the Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo.
- Kiel changed their defense, and Landin was an almost insurmountable wall for the local players, writes the newspaper on.
We have a star in Niklas Landin... He just picked Granollers players from each other, with a save percentage in the neighborhood of 50, and 10 minutes after slutfløjt hiver the Spanish children still in him for selfies and autographs - and he takes the time to the #format @ehf_ec #tv3sport pic.twitter.com/X0sn4IteDQ— Casper Krone Thomasen (@CasperThomasen) 10. February 2019
Quan tens els ídols a tocar què bonic és l'esport!.In quant n'haurien d'aprendre altars pic.twitter.com/W8tOYAypp4— Vicenç Prados Marfà (@VicensPrados) 10. February 2019
the Dane dished up with saves on the strip in the fight, and also at the international handball-site Handball-world.com there is praise.
- Niklas Landin showed in the WORLD cup-the form and with the numerous rescues he prevented Kiel came greater lagging behind in the start.
- Later allowed the Landin just a single score in a period of 15 minutes, it sounds again, and the media use words like 'form' and 'superior' on the Landin.
Also THW Kiel's own website praises the dane.
- Niklas Landin was superior, and he saved 19 balls, which made him the match winner, says.
Landins mate, the German landsholdsmålmand Andreas Wolff, came only three penalties and got himself a single rescue, while hjemmeholdets goalies just reached eight saves.
With the victory is the Kiel off to a good start in the EHF Cup group, where GOG is already Saturday won the group's second match with the 31-28 defeat against Polish Azoty-Pulawy.
Already before the match spoke Landin hot in the tournament, who else is secondary in relation to the Champions League tournament, as the Kiel wont to play.
- It is our chance to play international handball this season and win a european title, and as we do not have as many battles as we have in a Champions League season, so is the physical pressure is not so large, said Landin.
- of Course we strive to win the tournament, not least after it emerged that the final is played in Kiel.
- Our team should be strong enough to reach it, and the chance to play makes us only more hungry to go all the way, said Landin.
Landin was not the only WORLD cup hero, who was in action on Sunday.
Mikkel Hansen together with Paris SG won 34-32 out against Tremblay, and thus played the defending champions in the quarter finals of the French cup.
The Danish WORLD cup's top scorer was already in the european klubaktion Thursday night, where you won 35-31 defeat against Nantes after among the other 12 danskerscoringer in everything from Mikkel Hansen and Henrik Toft Hansen.
PSG lead their Champions League pool with five points, down to number two with three rounds again.
Sports and Games Big-gallery: Gold, baby
Sports and Games close to GOLD-the heroes: the Money, the secrets and the family
Sports and Games of All Danish handball-Bent: I always say my opinion