A half second faster. So great an advantage dreaded Carlos Sainz Jr., that Haas has at the beginning of this season as the McLaren driver gave the interview before the Bahrain Grand Prix.
the Assessment he was now one with, already before the first training sessions in the desert gave a different picture.
None of the Renault drivers had a perfect qualification in Australia, where Nico Hülkenberg after a superstart, was right in his yndlingsdanskers gearbox most of the race.
- to be completely honest, I do not think that it is right. If Kevin saved on so much momentum, I think, that he had used it at one time in Melbourne, but he finished only seconds ahead of me. Haas is strong, but it is very compact, noted Nico Hülkenberg on Thursday's press day.
Renault was tredjehurtigste team during the important second practice in Bahrain. Photo: Jan Sommer
a day later, it was just Renault's German, which gleamed in the midterfeltet. He was blistering fast during the major other training, as the only one preparatory session will be run after sunset under similar temperature conditions as timekeeping and running.
Hülkenberg placed after the revival of Ferrari and Mercedes, but ahead of Red Bull and with over a half a second to Haas and Kevin Magnussen as the nearest rival in midterfeltet.
- It means nothing. It's Friday. First on Sunday, it counts. On tidstavlen see it fine, but to be quite honest, this was the balance not the best in the løbstrim, said Hülkenberg subsequent.
Haas team had a fine Friday. They either fear that the Renault is stuck, or the Red Bull really is within reach.
- We thought it in Australia, but when it came to the crunch, we were not close enough. So no, I think it will be Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull and so, perhaps, Renault, us, or anyone else, says Romain Grosjean to Ekstra Bladet.
Kevin Magnussen was quite confident before Saturday's qualification. Photo: Jan Sommer
From teamkammerat Kevin Magnussen sounds an echo:
- clearly, It is closer, and the Red Bull is only right in front of us. With Hülkenberg in front of them. Mercedes is not even so far ahead. It is exciting, but I don't think we can run against the Red Bull, but good with Renault, says the dane.
Formula 1 - 28. mar. 2019 - at. 21:10 Schumi-hysteria: Heavy pressure on the junior
the Biggest challenge before it becomes real, the softdækket, as overopheder on the surface. The go over is crucial for you overtakes easily in Bahrain; not least with three DRS zones and more effective bagvinger for this season.
- I think we are more optimistic for ye the penalty right now, so we must work a little more with løbstrimmet. We must hope we have the speed in the race, for it is a track you can overtake on. It is not a where you can make a good timing and keep the home. There must be something strong in the race, says Magnussen.
Formula 1 - 28. mar. 2019 - at. 18:58 Early the end of the day: Kevin can slip before the time
the Ferrari seems to have gained some momentum since the bad start in Australia. Photo: Jan Sommer
Sports and Games Debriefing from Melbourne: an Incredible performance behind Haas' success
Sports and Games Kevin: 'I'm not adult enough to be alone'
Sports and gambling Five years after Kevin's drømmedebut: 12 is missing - a has gone away
Sports and Games As love is Kevin's new racer