A student ended up with a nasty concussion, so she had to run away in an ambulance, and another broken foot, so she fell down and screamed of pain, as they stood in the queue to the party at Risskov Gymnasium in Aarhus, the so-called 'Raptus-fest', last Friday around the clock 21.
It came to pass in a chaos, where there was pressure and the mast behind, so students had to be pulled out of the queue of the guards. More criticises the guard action.
the Extra Leaf has been in contact with the 18-year-old girl who lost consciousness and got concussion.
Just before we rolled, I heard a lot of screaming, then there just came a lot of pressure. Exactly how I fell, is not known. Not other than that I have been pushed by the crowd and struck the forehead directly down into the earth, says the young woman, who does not want to come forward with the name.
She says that a guard pulled her out of the queue, but that she then felt, that they seemed indifferent and leaving her up against the wall, just as they slammed the door on the nose of her, even though she had just been fainted. She also says that she subsequently heard the guards talk about whether they should call an ambulance, because she had fainted twice.
- It will say that the guards were well aware that it was me that was fainted, when they choose to shut me out. It is the part that scares me the most, that the guards deliberately lets a girl, who has been unconscious, stand alone outside without help.
the Extra Leaf has also spoken with the mother of one of the other party-goers. Her daughter also saw the situation as very uncomfortable.
- People didn't care. And the guards did not intervene, telling the mother, not satisfied with the guard action, and calls for a response from the high school.
the Rector Gitte Horsbüll from Risskov Gymnasium confirms that there were two students who came to harm in the queue for the party.
- we take This very seriously, because it is important for us that our celebrations are settled in a secure manner. We have decided that there must be a sluice to the next party. then the queue can be divided into two or three departments. Thus we can avoid similar cases in the future, she writes in an email, adding that they did not previously have experienced something similar in the queue.
- But it is clear that we must take the consequence of what we have experienced.
Michael Thoft, who is the chairman of the Aarhus Checker Association, which was responsible for the safety, acknowledges that there was a tremendous pressure, and regrets that some young people came to harm. But his guards may not recognize that they were indifferent and did not help.
- But they may well recognize that there was a tremendous pressure on the queue, for which was pushed and crushed in the queue.
He believes that the chaos occurred in a mixture of four buses with the participants arrived at the same time, while the school's ticketing system had gone down, so the integration was very slow, and some young people had poor køkultur.
- But we are in dialogue with the school about what we do in the future, for it is something we must put a stop to this. For the pigeons since not that there are any who come to harm on the way to a party.
- In the course of to ensure that security is in order. Have you done your work good enough?
- It seems I definitely. They have not been able to do otherwise. There was simply too much pressure on, because the buses arrived, and the system was down. They could not have done other than they did, says Michael Thoft.
- But how can high school students and their parents with peace of mind sending their children off to the party next time, if you say that there is nothing to do?
- I'm not saying that there is nothing to do. I say that we are in dialogue with the school about what needs to be done. They could not do anything that evening.
the Girl says she will pass out, and that the guards pull her friend in, but closes the door for her. And she hears the guards talk about whether they should order an ambulance for her, now have fainted two times. It scares her...
I can well understand, if that is the view she has. But I don't think it has been their view. As I could understand them, she was conscious, as they had helped her the other. But we must admit that there was much more pressure than there used to be out there just the evening.
- What will you do for it not to happen again?
- If it goes after, what I have written to the school, then it becomes set up with the breakwaters, so you get into a slangesystem like at the airport. And then we try something new, to close them into a sluice, so we take them in small teams and keep them out on a large area, where there is more space for people, says Michael Thoft, however, also have a call out to the young people.
- I think just as much that the problem lies with the young people. That they must learn something better køkultur and not put other lives and limbs in danger. It, I also think that the school should sign out to their students.
the Rector at Risskov Gymnasium, Gitte Horsbüll confirms that they are about to take a position on the proposal for a new procedure by the parties.
- There is no doubt that we must find a new practice, for all students must be able to get safely into our celebrations - like the parties to be settled in a good mood.
I continue to find it difficult to get a full overview of who did what, so I concentrate first and foremost to avoid similar cases in the future, she writes.
the Girl who got the concussion, has subsequently also had severe back pain.
- This results in the fact that I can't stand to sit on the chairs in the classroom, and I thus get even more absence. The school has, however, been good to accept the possible absence, which comes in the future, and I personally have got deleted all of the passing of this week, so I could relax, she says.