Advice.dk puts the focus on one's position and unikummerne in English football. Those who have beaten records – both good and bad; those who have done something that no other has; the battles, there never will be repeated.
This time is the story of Jean Philippe Peguero, who is the only haitian player who has been in the League. He was, however, just three Superliga matches, and the end of the time in English football was quite tragic.
- It looks bad. The knee work loose, and we fear the worst. If it is korsbåndet, it does a very long break.
that was the gist of it from Per Bjerregaard, after Brøndby IF 20. august 2006 had defeated Viborg with 3-0 in the premier League. The club's new striker Jean Philippe Peguero had shown promising bars and scored his second goal in just three matches, but the striker from Haiti, was injured in a duel with Robbie Russell, just as he scored the 3-0.
Brøndby were then able to tell that the Jean Philippe Peguero was out in six to eight months, but it ended up to be much, much more. The damage was terrible and very serious, and Peguero played for Brøndby again.
Peguero and Ousman Jallow in a jubelstund in Brøndby. Photo: Ernst van Norde
There was no doubt that he looked like a player who would benefit Brøndbys offensive, but instead was Pegueros almost three years in English football is a big downer. A nightmare. The career of League history only haitianer was crushed in with a goal.
- It was never the end of the time in Denmark, I wanted for the club or the fans. I wanted to be on the field and help the team to win the championships, but my serious injury meant that I could not help. Unfortunately, it is what happens in football. This is why I never take anything for granted, " says Jean Philippe Peguero in an interview with the advice.dk and explains that he enjoyed his time in Denmark.
- Life in Denmark was lovely - it was like home for me. I met many good people with good hearts, and the fans really made me fall for Denmark. But at the same time, it was hard for me to see the team play, that was lost many matches, and I knew that I was on the pitch, we could have won the fights. It is no doubt about that. It made me sad to see so many downtrodden fans.
Jean Philippe Peguero was downloaded for Brondby in 2006, after he had minced goals in a row for the Colorado Rapids and New York Red Bulls, but the time in Denmark was the point in his career, where you can talk about a before and an after.
Pegueros career ended brutally in Brøndby. Photo: Lars Poulsen
Although he in 2008 was leased to the San Jose Earthquakes and tried to get back from the lengthy injury he was never the same. The time in San Jose gave three matches, and then stopped Peguero's career because of the continued problems with the knee.
- I don't know if the damage is as such affected my life, but it influenced my dream. My dream was to become the world's best footballer and qualify my country for the WORLD cup, but I was not able to because of the injury. My country has suffered for a long time, he says.
Quite over, however, it was not yet for Jean Philippe Peguero, who could not get rid of the dream about to kick Haiti to the WORLD cup.
Three years after the karrierestoppet he tried to return and got a contract with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers. However, it was not the big success, and so turned Peguero back to Haiti and Don Bosco FC. He also reached to play for Moca FC and Real Hope Football Academy.
But the same player was Jean Philippe Peguero never.
- I know that God had given me the skills to be one of the best players to ever play the game, but because of the injury, I could not help my team. I am a very emotional person - I always cried in the locker room when we lost, I felt the club deserved more. I was a type of player who always tried to carry my team forward by saying: 'Let us do it for the club and the fans'.
They never found out how good he could have been in Brøndby. Photo: Lars Poulsen
instead he has saddled on the. Today, Jean Philippe Peguero a lot of balls in the air and is involved in football in Haiti, and it may be that a day is a ball that lands in Denmark.
- I have outlets around the limos and cars in general. We buy cars from auctions and selling them again. I also run a tax office, where we are doing immigration papers and money transfer, and most importantly of all is that I am agent for the majority of haitian players. I have an academy team in Haiti and has had it for three years. We have been in the finals three times and won the championship a single time. The players are young and ready to switch to other countries and get new experiences and challenges, and Denmark is first in my thoughts.
- I am also in the process of becoming a coach so I can pursue the dream, and soon I open also a fodboldlejr in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. By January, says the former Brondby striker.
Peugero scored 20 times in 61 matches in Major League Soccer. For Haiti, he scored 16 times in 28 appearances. In the Lineouts they had to settle for the two goals and the dreams of what it could have been.
premier-League - 17. dec. 2018 - at. 13:54 of Violent Brøndby-fuss get serious aftermath