Already as a 9-year-old got Cecilie Thunø Hansen from Randers her first menstruation.
- It was a little strange. I had thought it was when I was about. 11-13 years, she says to TV2 ØSTJYLLAND.
today she is 10 years old and because of his young age and slender body, so she can have difficult to suit the sanitary towels you can buy in the shops.
- One can see, when you wrap it out, that it is reasonable large. They are noisy and it's embarrassing when I'm in school, says Cecilie.
It is not the fat, when you really just want to play with the other kids and not be bothered by a too large volume.
- I get upset about it and so I just want to throw it out, says Cecilie Thunø Hansen.
She has tried panty liners, but here saw her, they curled up together.
Therefore, she hopes there is someone who could help her and the other girls in the same situation.
- I wish they were a little smaller and that the wings were not so big, she says to TV2 ØSTJYLLAND.
the Danish girls have been younger, when they get their first menstrual period. It tells the doctor and ph.d. from the University of Aarhus Nis Brix.
- Over the last 175 years, is menstruationsalderen dropped from about 17 years to about 13. So this is a decrease of four years, he tells.
- part of the explanation is probably due to the obesity epidemic - at least over the past 50 years. There is also a hypothesis that it is due to endocrine-disrupting substances in the environment. But it can not explain the entire decline, says Nis Brix to TV2 ØSTJYLLAND.
This is not to imply that girls who get their period early, are overweight.
the 10-year-old Cecilie Thunø Hansen and her mother hope that there is a producer that will get the eyes up for the problem, so that in the future will come new and less volume.
- It will help very much and it will make me happy. I also hope that it will make others happy, says Cecilie Thunø Hansen.