It was hard not to feel sympathy for the handsome 22-year-old Emilie Thorup, when she in the fall were taking part in the TV3 programme 'Love Island'.
Here she found quickly together with the participant, Nicholas Doyle, as she was smaskforelsket in. Viewers at home could follow her struggle to win the Center, the heart, but it never succeeded and with a broken heart, she chose to leave the program.
- I found love in the villa, but the love would not me, and therefore I left the program, she explained concisely, to Ekstra Bladet.
But since then much has happened, and a happy Emilie can now reveal to Ekstra Bladet that she has found love at home in Denmark.
- It is a guy called Oliver, which I also so a bit before the 'Love Island'. I have known him for half a year's time, and I have actually burned him seven times before the program. Fortunately, he gave not up, says Emilie Thorup.
Emilie from 'Love Island'. Photo: ANTHON UNGER
The 23-year-old Oliver did not give up, and when she came home to Denmark, he invited Emilie out for a cup of coffee. They have been together ever since.
- He is just everything I missed. He has such a good personality and treat me so nicely. He is really a good guy. I would like to find a guy who was a little older, but he is very mature for her age and is very into his work. He is not a drengerøv, tells Emilie.
They call themselves not yet lovers, but Emilie says that she is not going around and kissing on the other.
- He is in Australia right now and come home again at the beginning of January, where we may take 'the talk'. I see at least no other, and there is no other that captures my interest, she says.
After returning home she has been able to see themselves on tv, and she admits like it has been a little tåkrummende at times.
- I do not understand, what I have seen in Nikolaj. Understand me right, he is a piss sweet guy, but it's just not right for me. I have curved toes, that I was so 'cringe', laughing she.
however, It has not scared off potential suitors. Directly when asked whether she has got many offers in the inbox, is the answer.
- Yes I've got many, but I think it is just a little strange, when it is someone who has seen me in the 'Love Island'. You can't know if it is real, or whether it more is that I have been on tv, so it is a little difficult to navigate in. The good thing about Oliver is, too, that we have known each other before the 'Love Island', so I know that it is not just about that he has seen me on tv.
Emilie is nominated for best newcomer at the Reality Awards to be settled 11. January in Copenhagen. 'Love Island' was won by Julie Ought and Oliver Erngart