Events in a row have been canceled in recent months because of coronavirussen, which has hit the world and got most of Denmark closed down.
Slowly is Denmark, however, begun to open up again, and eventbureauet the STC tried, therefore, to stack the four sommershows with Thomas Eje on the legs. It will, however, still not to something.
Sunday evening, there were sold only 278 out of a total of 1200 tickets, and therefore chose to cancel the gigs, which should have taken place at the end of July and beginning of august. It writes sn.dk.
- By pulling the plug now, I was so sure that everyone can get their money. If I'm running on, count the meter fully, and then I could look forward to a halt with a loss of up to 100,000 dollars per gig. I can't cope, says the organizer, Morten Lind, to the media.
See also: Sets the game kunstnerhjem for sale
Ekstra Bladet has spoken with Morten Lind, who says, that there was going to be sold about 1000 of the tickets, before it could scamper.
He lets go, however, not from the concerts at no cost. The STC will lose around 40,000 to 60,000 dollars because of the costs of marketing and the kind.
He does not think that the poor ticket because people do not want to see Thomas Eje. Instead, he believes that people still are affected by coronavirussen and therefore not buying tickets for events.
- I think that the answer lies in the fact that people are still afraid of the covid-19 - otherwise, I honestly don't understand why the tickets have not been sold. I thought otherwise, that something was missing entertainment for the mature audience this summer. But we must recognize that enough people still are scared, says Morten Lind.
See also: Big price to Preben Kristensen
Morten Lind tells us, that he hears from others in the industry, they also find it difficult to sell tickets to the events, which have not been cancelled this summer. And in general it's a tough time to be a agency in the.
- All our events have been taken from us this summer, and the schemes we are certainly not living. It is almost a disaster right now.
- When the country was closed down - and with all respect for the covid-19, it do not misunderstand - I lost two million in revenue, for the I driver a sæsonforretning and make the most money from april to september. I have swapped with 69.000 dollars from støttepakkerne, so hang not together, says Morten Lind.
Therefore, it was also not easy to cancel the four Thomas Own shows, but it was necessary.
- It has been a very difficult decision, and unfortunately many have subsequently said that they would like to have been to it. But it can not help anything, when people are not buying tickets because they just want to wait and see if it's going to rain and such. So you can not make an event, he says, and sends a call to the danes to buy tickets to the things one would like to see, if you have the money for it.
See also: Robbed of the 20,000 crowns
Thomas Eje and Morten Lind is far from the only one who can feel that ticket sales is affected by coronavirussen and the many cancellations.
recently told the comedian Torben Chris, as for the autumn around the country with his colleague Thomas Hartmann, that they can clearly see a difference from the past.
- The begin until september, so there is a long time, and we bet on, that everything is back to normal for the time. But you can look at ticket sales, that people are sitting and thinking: 'We might as well wait to buy a ticket, because what if it gets moved or cancelled', and it is really annoying, he told in the beginning of July, to Ekstra Bladet.
Extra Magazine recently spoke with Thomas Eje, who, because of coronavirussen have got off his dream of a udlandseventyr.
you can read more about here. (+)
Ekstra Bladet has tried to get a comment from Thomas Owning, but it has not been possible.