Margrethe Vestagers towards the post of president of the EUROPEAN commission is still bumpy and rocky, even though she now announces itself as a candidate for the prestigious post.
assess her own generals, Jens Rohde.
- If the peoples of Europe had to choose, then I have no doubt that they would choose Margrethe Vestager, but because the heads of state and government decides behind closed doors, so she stands against some of the objective challenges, he says.
Jens Rohde folketingskandidat in Copenhagen and member of the European Parliament until may.
- the Odds are very, very small. It will be for any Danish candidate because of our prejudice. Not least after the latest year, where the Danish government has entered into alliances, there will not EU it well. Here I am thinking of Austria and Hungary.
Margrethe Vestager says to Politiken that she together with other people from the european liberals group Alde is ready to fill a top position in the EU.
- I am part of the team, she says to the newspaper.
A big stone in the shoe of the previous partileders ambitions is, however, that the Palace does not exist fuldtonet support. Thus, neither Lars Løkke Rasmussen Mette Frederiksen wanted to express support for Margrethe Vestager, the pursuit towards the top.
According to Jens Rohde the domestic hesitation, however, not the biggest problem for Margrethe Vestager.
- My guess is still, that Angela Merkel becomes president of the commission. She enters by the back door. And she will be it, so she gets it is enough, he says.
Angela Merkel has given the post as party leader of the CDU. Therefore, it is expected that both in Europe and in Germany, that she at a point in time before the next German elections will also fragive kanslerposten.
Margrethe Vestager is also up against heavy opposition in the battle to become president. In the bus are German Manfred Weber, from the christian democrats in the EPP and the socialist dutchman Frans Timmermans from the PES.
Among the EU-connoisseurer there will be looked in depth at particularly the German Manfred Weber. It will be emphasized that since the EU was founded has been a commission president from the european UNION's largest country, Germany.
back Then, it was Walter Hallstein, who is regarded as one of the ’unionsfaderne’, which was sitting in the chair from 1958-1967.
Jens Rohde dream to see Margrethe Vestager at the head of the Commission. But it will be difficult, he says. Photo: Miriam Dalsgaard.
- Born to 13. april 1968 in Glostrup
competition in the EU
in the period 2007-2014 political leader of the Radical Left
- the ministers of Economy and interior minister in the 2011-2014
deputy prime minister under Helle Thorning-Schmidt in 2014
- Previous educational and church affairs