The 46-year-old håndboldmålmand Søren Haagen extends his contract with the GOG.
It writes the GOG on the club's website.
This means that the funen traditionsklub for the next season to have a målmandsduo consisting of Haagen and 19-year-old Viktor Gisli Hallgrimsson.
- I'm mega happy to be allowed to be more than a year in the GOG, says Haagen to the club's website.
the Club means very much to me, we have a good team, a lot of good people around the club, and then we have a superfed home, says Haagen.
He looks forward to continuing cooperation with its icelandic målmandskollega.
- It is a difficult task as a young man from the Island to get to the best Danish series, but he has done it really well.
- We have a very good cooperation, which became better and better over the season, and I am delighted to continue to build on it and to support Viktor in his development, says Haagen, who also teaches in the mathematics and sports science at the Haahrs School in Svendborg at the side of the håndbolden.
In 1998, after Haagen from GOG to Flensburg-Handewitt and later to THW Kiel, where he began to have discomfort from a connective tissue disease, which in 2004 forced him to set the career.
After several years of pause, fought the former player back in the goal.
In 2014, the downloaded GOG him back to the league. Ago it was to stay in the Mors-Thy Håndbold, KIF Kolding and Ribe-Esbjerg HH, before he in 2019, again, was to find in the GOG.
Here is director Kasper Jørgensen happy for the extension.
- We made a deal with Soren before last season, because we believed in his qualities, and he has certainly lived up to all aspirations, and therefore it is also obvious that we take a season together, " says Kasper Jørgensen.
- Søren is a really klubmand, who knows every nook in the club inside out, and at the same time, he has contributed to bring its spillemæssige grades and routine in the game, when there was a need for it in escalating situations this season.
- He and Viktor are a good match, and we have full confidence that the constellation is what we need in our efforts to win titles in the coming season, " says Kasper Jørgensen.
Haagens great cv includes three DM-titles with GOG. The was won in 1994/95, 1995/96 and 1997/98.