on Tuesday, it was known by School-profile political commentator, Frithjof Jacobsen, ending in VG with immediate effect.Compared to the Ap-politician
The abrupt departure caused many to prevent your eyes up, and in an interview with bransjenettstedet Medier24 tells commentator now why he chose to join on the day.
I stop in the VG because I want to establish a relationship with Jette Christensen and it is not consistent with being a commentator in VG, " Jacobsen says the website.
Jette Christensen is the member of parliament for the Labour party and sits in the foreign and forsvarskomiteen in Parliament. She also sits on the Ap's sentralstyre.
- I realized around new year's that I had arrived where I wanted to start a relationship with her, " says Jacobsen.
- Is it mutual?
- Yes, we are in the process of being boyfriends.
Dagbladet has tried to get in contact with Jette Christensen, but have so far not succeeded in getting in contact with her.
Jacobsen tells that he wants to tell about the relationship because many people wonder why he stopped, and because there has been a lot of speculation.
- Then, I think it is reasonable to inform that I have decided to go into this relationship now - and that it has a clear connection with the fact that I now stop in the VG, " says Jacobsen.Relation is not consistent with kommentatorvirke
Wednesday also writes vg's responsible editor Gard Steiro about the abrupt departure.
"new year's day informed Frithjof Jacobsen political editor Hanne Skartveit that he had a close relation to a politician," writes Steiro in their own newspaper.
this is the background that They now stop in the VG.
"Jacobsen and the management of VG is agreed that the relationship is not consistent with his work as a commentator. The 11. January selected Jacobsen even to terminate its position in the VG" type Steiro.- Suitable to weaken confidence in
Gard Steiro, you can put words on why it to have a relationship with a politician is not consistent with being a commentator in VG?
Because it is likely to weaken confidence in one's independence, " says Steiro to the Newspaper.
he Has written the comments about the Labour party in the course of time you have known about the rumor?
He has written comments about Norwegian politics, yes. In what degree the relationship that has occurred between he and this politician has affected his meningdannelse and kommentarstoff, is a question only he can answer.
he Has broken the legal contract with the VG?
There has never been an issue we have discussed no. When They even speak out about this to the Media 24 in the day, he tells himself that he now has such a close relationship that he can't be a commentator in VG. Therefore, he has even chosen to go.
Steiro says that he has never been involved in a similar case in VG before.
But it happens that people find each other - that we saw recently an example of the DN, " says Steiro.
- Have They acted together with Jette Christensen in panel discussions or other public contexts, as a representative for the VG?
- I don't know, but she is a politician and he is a political commentator, so I'm posting for the reason that they have met in official contexts.
Tor-Erling Thømt Ruud, the leader of the redaksjonsklubben in VG, saying that the case is not a club matter.
- But as an employee and colleague, we seem always it is sad that good people and good colleagues to stop. Frithjof has great respect in the VG and has been a good colleague in the eleven years he has been here, " says Thømt Ruud.
He will not comment on whether the club has been involved in the handling of the case.
What do you mean about management's handling of the case?
From our point of view, it looks tidy.Presseekspert: - the Right of the Jacobsen
Presseekspert Gunnar Bodahl-Johansen believes it is appropriate that Jacobsen to retire, and the right of the VG to remove him from the job he had as a commentator.
- When you have a relationship to a central politician, which I understand in this case, I believe it is incompatible with the role of a commentator in one of the country's largest newspapers, to comment on politics, " says Bodahl-Johansen to the Newspaper.
Bodahl-Johansen reminiscent of journalism's social mission, and believes that both journalists and the media must do everything to hegne about credibility.
- When you choose to be a journalist, where credibility is a priority, so it is something you have to hegne about all the way and make their choice accordingly. Sometimes it is regrettable, that one must say thank you and goodbye to a position you have had the pleasure of having. But that's life, " says Bodahl-Johansen.Ended the day
the News of Jacobsen's departure was known internally Tuesday, when the broadcaster sent an e-mail to the editors and told them that he had terminated the job.
"Dear colleagues and friends. I have put up in VG, and thus leaves the newspaper. I want to do something new, and it will happen outside this house.
I have some plans, but still don't know quite what it is. I have had a great time here, both personally and professionally, and I have become acquainted with many people I greatly appreciate".
Jacobsen previously worked in the Norwegian broadcasting corporation, including as a presenter in Dagsnytt Eighteen, but has for the last 11 years worked in the VG. The last few years as a commentator and chairman of the newspaper's kommentaravdeling.
In 2015 he was awarded the Riksmålsforbundets price Gullpennen.
Jacobsen is half of the podcast duo "Giæver and Joffen", which last fall went over to the daily episodes.
He is also known as the front man for the rock band Gluecifer, under the alias Biff Malibu. The band did last year comeback, according to originally have been dissolved in 2005.VG-commentator Frithjof Jacobsen ends abruptly