People stood in Boxen in Herning, denmark as Lotte Friis on Saturday, went on the stage.
The 30-year-old ex-swimmer was the 34. athlete inducted into the Sports Hall of Fame and received the appropriate applause with on the road.
the Day after was the feeling still not completely out of the body.
- I'm just really, really good. It was wild to experience the love from everyone in the hall, says Lotte Friis.
On the stage fought she bravely to keep back the tears. It succeeded for her, but not, for example, for her long-standing colleagues in the basin of Jeanette Ottesen and Rikke Møller Pedersen, who several times wiped his eyes.
- It is also why it makes such a strong impression - because people, I've been colleagues with for so many years, crying on my behalf.
She is the youngest, that have been recorded in the exclusive company. A record, she only quietly noted.
- It is a cool detail, but not something I think about right now.
It was the same when I got to know that I was the first Danish swimmer, who won the olympic gold. It is only a while after I thought more about it.
- Have you thought about, that you are now a part of a very exclusive company?
- No, I have not actually. I'm just happy, says Lotte Friis.
Lotte Friis was also happy when she got the glory on Saturday night in Herning. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
She set the career, in the spring of 2017, and remarkably enough, she has not since swum a single trajectory.
- I have been saturated by the bleach. It was my life for 20 years, and for long periods of time 25-30 hours per week.
- So I've just been wanting to do something else, says Lotte Friis.
She points out, however, that it is not a decision taken in spite of it and that she has not returned to the basin back forever.
- It will probably at one time or another. But right now I'm just happy to run and ride a bike, she points out.
Athletes often talk about the vacuum, they live in immediately after to have set the career. When everyday life outside the professional idrætsverden framework.
The bubble was Lotte Friis only allowed to experience in under a year, as it has since march has been the host of the P4 programme 'this Morning on the 4'eren'.
I actually think no longer of myself as a swimmer.
- It was a little difficult in the beginning, since I didn't know what I was going to give me.
- But now I have a new job, and I love making radio. So I think it's gone quite well, says Lotte Friis - still happy in the lid of the great experience on Saturday night.
Boxing - 6. jan. 2019 - at. 07:00 gmt mesterbokser reported to the police