MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): the Mood was brilliant with Kevin Magnussen after a flawless performance in the season's first contest.
From the first bend lay the dane sixth and, the position he held, despite some pressure for Nico Hülkenberg along the way.
- It was a really good day. I'm superglad for a good start and a good pace. All four wheels on the in pitstoppet. It flows as it should. I'm really happy on my own, and in particular on the team's behalf, he says to Ekstra Bladet immediately after the race.
Both in race results and in raw speed, was the dane in his VF19 ‘best of the rest’ after the top teams. If possible, felt pure breed even better in the løbstrim than during the qualification.
- Of course, I could push it. And squeeze it more and more as the petrol disappeared. It is a good feeling. The car was really, really good, he says.
Unfortunately for Haas’ overriding goal - the designer-the WORLD cup - there was problems in the other side of the garage. First, under the pitstoppet and since forced a technical error - the suspension or a loose wheel - Romain Grosjean to run in the pit before the time.
- I've just come directly out of the car, so I do not even really know what happened. I can just see that Romain has not come into the goal. Which of course is really, really unfortunate.
- For our part, this has been a really good weekend. Romain qualified himself insanely good yesterday and would have scored good points today. So a really strong performance from the team. Just too bad that he got the goal, says Magnussen.
Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
Formula 1 - 16. mar. 2019 - at. 14:16 F1-star excited: Why do you say it?
the Greatest threat to the eight points came from Nico Hülkenberg, following the dane's pit-stop which was to the slow side.
- Pitstoppet was not number one on the leaderboard, but all four wheels were on, recognizing Magnussen.
Then he came under pressure with the same from Renaulten.
- It was smooth! The new temperatures in the dækvarmerne is tricky. It is not that you come out of the first turn, and can push the. I could feel that he came close to that.
There were also used over the radio from Hülkenberg as his Danish yndlingsrival slammed the door on a place where overtaking is basically impossible.
- It would also be strange if he did not, smiled the dane.
In the real world, grumbled the German, now also not for real. He tried to put pressure on the judges, which is not the situation. Afterwards beat the Renault driver as also the situation, like a trifle.
I went on the outside, but, as usual, braked he late and opened the governance. No surprises there. It was fine, said the German.
Sports and Games - I win damn it here
Sports and Games Career-crushers, rookies and Magnussen-duel