Six apartments in a cottage in Voss was totalskadd in a fire the night of new year's day. 25 people were sent to hospital for check as a result of the fire.
- 88 people are evacuated because they are directly affected or because they are in the neighbouring buildings. 25 of them have been processed by the hospital in Voss for the check of the smoke damage. A firefighter will get has got the supervision of an ambulance on the spot, but I don't know the status on him, says the operasjonsleder Tatjana Button in Hordaland police to the newspaper Dagbladet.
In addition to the apartments are two cars burned out on the place.
Several of the evacuees be met at the Fleischer's hotel in Voss. In addition, the municipality's crisis team informed and assists.
- It has been challenging firefighting. The weather was not completely on our side, both with respect to spread and smoke, " says Button.
Brannevesenet got control of the fire Tuesday morning, and now operates with etterslukking. There are no reports of serious injury. the
the Fire originated in a building with six apartments and was reported around the clock 4. The fire must have started in the roof of one of the buildings.
- Four of these are completely burned out. The wall stands in the other two, but there is hardly much to save there, said vaktkommandør Ronald Drotningsvik at 110 centre in the county of Hordaland to the NTB at 6.30-time.Tens of evacuated
- It seems, however, that we have managed to save the apartments below, and avoid the spread there, " says Drotningsvik.
- There are big forces in turn. There are also a lot of smoke in the area, so it takes probably a few hours before someone can come in again, says vaktkommandøren. the
Large forces from Voss, Granvin and Dale are inserted in the slukkingsarbeidet on Voss.
All that was in the apartments, to have come out, " says Drotningsvik. 14-15 apartments in the row below the one that burns, was evacuated.
According to police should the fire have started on a roof, but this is not clarified.Steinras
A steinras of the E16 just off the Nakkagjeltunnelen between Bolstadøyri and Evanger created problems for some of them that turned out to Voss, type Bergensavisen.
- An ambulance ran into the landslide, but there was no one who was injured. It went well with them that was in the car, but there was material damage. A police car shall also be punctured in the same area in connection with the landslide, " says operasjonsleder in the West police district, Terje Magnussen in the West standings.
Both cars were on the way to the fire on Voss. The ambulance should have hit the tunnel wall after running on stones that had fallen down.E16 closed
the Landslide blocks the whole road, and there will be a lot of stones that have come down, tells trafikkoperatør Monica Øksengård by Vegtrafikksentralen. There is a detour via Kvamskogen and Norheimsund, and it is unclear when the E16 can open again.
for security reasons, you are the road is not cleared before it is bright. There should be first a geologist in the area to assess the landslide and any further risk of avalanche, says Øksengård.