Joe Biden, 76, promise that he will in future be 'more respectful', after several women have told that the former senator and vice president have made them uncomfortable with her physical contact.
In a video on Twitter Wednesday, saying the american politician that the physical contact - handshakes, hugs, and shoulder massage - was his way to show his followers that he cares about them.
But Biden acknowledges that the social norms have changed, and he promises to customize its behavior.
- But I will always argue that politics – and, frankly, life is all about creating contact, contact with people, he says in the video and continues.
- It does not change. But I will behave more wisely and be more respectful to people's private space, he says.
The former vice president Joe Biden says he will in future be more respectful. Photo: Reuters
Social norms are changing. In understand that, and I've heard what these women are saying. Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That's my responsibility and I will meet it. pic.twitter.com/Ya2mf5ODts— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) April 3, 2019
Joe Biden, who is considering to stand as a presidential candidate for the election in 2020, was last week accused of having behaved inappropriately.
Amy Lappos, 43, was told that Biden was a little too intrusive in the context of a fundraising in 2009.
- It was not sexual, but he took hold of my head. He put his hand around my neck and pulled me to him to rub his nose against mine, and told Amy Lappos to the local media.
a Few days earlier, Lucy Flores, a 39-year-old politician in Nevada, in a column described how Biden should have kissed her on the back of your mind in 2014.
I felt two hands on my shoulders, she wrote, and added that Biden ’then gave me a big slow kiss on the back of the head’.
Vice president Joe Biden in the melee with Stephanie Carter, wife of former minister of defence, Ashton Carter. The picture has been circulating on the internet as evidence of Biden inappropriate behavior. Stephanie Carter has, however, been out and say that she did not feel slighted. Photo: AFP
the Page has two other women stood forward with similar descriptions.
Biden has refused to have behaved inappropriately.
’Not once - never - I feel that I acted inappropriate. If there are any, who believe that I did, so I will listen to it with respect. But it was never my intention,’ said a comment from Biden.
OVERVIEW: They want to be Trumps opponent in 2020
Several american politicians have signed up as candidates for the presidential election in 2020.
Here is an overview of some of the biggest profiles from the Democrats, who have announced their candidacy, or who has taken official steps in the direction of providing up.
* The former congressman from Texas, Beto O'rourke confirms the night of Thursday, he makes up.
He was nationally in 2018, when he almost beat republican Ted Cruz at the senatsvalget in the otherwise very conservative Texas.
* The former governor of the state of Colorado, John Hickenlooper, announced his candidacy 4. march.
He plays on, that he in his political career, has shown the ability to bring people together in times of crisis.
* the Governor of the state of Washington, Jay Inslee, came forward on Friday 1. march in the race to become the Democratic presidential nominee.
He put up with the fight against climate change as its overriding priority.
* Senator Bernie Sanders announced 19. February, that he makes up and will be nominated as the Democratic candidate for the presidential election.
Sanders also tried in 2016 to be Democratic presidential nominee, but lost the nomination to Hillary Clinton. He is the senator from the state of Vermont, where he is not elected as a democrat but as an independent.
* Senator Amy Klobuchar from Minnesota announced 10. February officially, that she will try to become the Democratic presidential nominee in 2020.
Klobuchar is 58 years old and is selected in the state of Minnesota. She got big attention, as she was the nominated supreme court judge Brett Kavanaugh on the blade last year.
* Senator Elizabeth Warren officially opened his election campaign 9. February.
Warren is 69 years old and was selected in the state of Massachusetts. She is one of the great critics of both Donald Trump and the banking industry.
* Senator Cory Booker announced officially his candidacy for the 1. February.
The 49-year-old senator is a former mayor of Newark, the largest city in New Jersey. Booker has been a senator since 2013, and voters in New Jersey must select a person to his seat in the Senate on the same day, as there is a presidential election in 2020.
* Mayor Pete Buttigieg said 23. January, that he is taking steps in the direction of providing up.
The 37-year-old Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is one of the campaign atmosphere to outsiders. He wants to become AMERICA's first openly gay president, but he has gotten many questions about his limited political experience.
* Senator Kamala Harris announced officially on the 21. January, that she makes up.
Kamala Harris has been in the u.s. Senate in two years. She is the daughter of immigrants from India and Jamaica, and has previously been minister of justice in California in six years.
* The 15. January said the democratic senator from New York Kirsten Gillibrand, that she will put up.
the 52-year-old Gillibrand is known as one of the fanebærerne in the work to change how Congress handles allegations of sexual harassment. She was also a prominent voice in the Meto-movement.
* Saturday the 12. January announced Julian Castro, he makes up for election.
Julian Castro is the former mayor of San Antonio, Texas, and was housing minister under president Barack Obama from 2014 to 2017.
* The 37-year-old congressman for the Democrats Tulsi Gabbard announced the 11. January, that she intends to stand in next year's presidential election.
Krigsveteranen Tulsi Gabbard is the first hindu and the first amerikansksamoaner, who have been elected to Congress for Hawaii.
* a 55-year-old John Delaney volunteered already on the course in July 2017. Delaney has since 2013 been a member of the u.s. House of Representatives from Maryland.
He will work to improve AMERICA's infrastructure, a new international tax reform and better conditions for migrants.
* The incumbent president, republican Donald Trump, searched already on-setup on its inauguration ceremonies. His campaign has so far collected over $ 100 million.
Trump has previously stated that he will present himself together with the current vice-president Mike Pence.
* the News agency Reuters mentions several democrats, who may end up with to stand in next year's presidential election. This applies, among other things, the former vice president Joe Biden.
In the first months of the year 2020 opening of the primaries in the states of the united states, where the Democrats final presidential candidate to be found.
the Presidential election takes place on the first Tuesday in november. It is 3. november 2020.
Sources: USA Today, Washington Post, Reuters and AFP.read more Close