12. august is an important day for Formula 1's future.
It is the internal deadline for when the commercial owners (FOM) want, that the teams have signed a new so-called Concorde agreement which binds the teams for the next five years.
the Details are not publicly known, but the frame is a more fair distribution of the sport's revenue.
In the 11. time throw the Mercedes-team boss Toto Wolff, however, a spanner in the works. He recognises the object, but not the way it's done on.
- We are the biggest victim when it comes to lost revenue, he said on the teamchefernes press conference.
- the Ferrari to retain its advantageous position. For Red Bull the voices of the financial statements due to Toro Rosso (the B-team, as the season actually is called Alpha Tauri, eds.). So we suffer the most.
- I do not feel we have been treated, as we should. Therefore, there are still a number of open issues, both legal, commercial and sporting, and from our point of view, I am not ready to sign.
Mercedes deserves greater recognition for what the team has meant to the sport in recent years, believes Wolff. Photo: Andrew Boyers/Pool/Ritzau Scanpix
Mercedes-the boss is demanding greater commitment from the counterparty.
- If you are willing to sit at the table, discuss the important issues and reach a compromise, we can reach the goal quite quickly. But I have not seen the approach.
Wolff adds that the world situation is changing fast, and for his sake, one could like the technical rules easily postpone the economic changes in F1 to 2022.
the FOM and its owners Liberty Media are, however, very interested in getting boosted during the development, so the sport becomes more equal.
The nine other teams declare themselves basically ready to put their autographs.
- Yes, we are ready to sign. I think that all of the ten teams competing in Formula 1 today, will also be on the grid in 2021, so I'm not so worried. McLaren is dedicated to Formula 1, and I am sure that all will follow suit, whether it be at the same time or in stages, says Zak Brown, ceo of McLaren.
See also: Anchor copy-case: F1-teams in open war
See also: Formula 1-the asterisk extension
See also: Fnyser of the Ferrari: - Completely bullshit
Ferrari is also ready to sign, says team boss Mattia Binotto. Only the legal details are missing.
- We are fairly satisfied, what the great lines are concerned. It is something we have debated long with the FOM, then we are not starting a long discussion in the last days.
- We have a good understanding with Chase (Carey, topchefen), and the proposal will certainly help the small teams, which is important, " says Binotto.
Günther Steiner also expect that Gene Haas considers the motion forward.
- I think we are well on the way to hopefully sign the Concorde agreement in the next weeks, says Haas team head.
Jason Watt was not impressed with Romain Grosjeans drive a week ago. READ HERE WHY (+)
Sports and Games Debriefing from Silverstone: Healthy signs in Haas
Sports and Games - Grosjean is lethal
Sports and Games Debriefing from Hungary: Kørerkabale at Haas