the Danger to the alleged perpetrator behind Tuesday's attacks in France, says in an interview that he was trying to convert his son not to follow the Islamic State.
This writes the news agency AP.
He said, for example, that the Islamic State fought a just cause, tells the danger, Abdelkrim Chekatt, to the tv channel France 2.
I replied: Forget the Islamic State, I do not listen to them. Have you not seen what atrocities they commit?
Four people lost their lives and several were wounded in an attack in Strasbourg on Tuesday evening. 29-year-old Cherif Chekatt is believed to be left behind.
Picture from the police search of the offender. Photo: Sebastien Bozon
the Attack occurred near the city's christmas market, the largest in France. Here Chekatt have been armed with a firearm and a knife.
Islamic State has Twitter taken the blame for the attack. It states that it was one of the organization's "soldiers", who was behind it.
France's interior minister, Christophe Castaner, call it an "opportunistic" and deceitful claim.
Thursday was Cherif Chekatts two brothers and the parents arrested. They are, however, all been released again.
Abdelkrim Chekatt say to France 2 that he last saw his son three days before the attack, but that he could not get in contact with him when he was on the run from the police.
If he had told me about the plans, I had told it to the police. And so he had not killed anyone and was not even death, says Chekatt.
The deceased chief suspect was convicted 27 times. The first judgment fell, when he was 13 years old, and the criminal acts contained everything from theft to violence.
the 112 - 13. dec. 2018 - at. 21:29 The suspect from the Strasbourg-terrorist is shot and killed
He was convicted in France, Germany, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
Chekatt was added to a list of possible extremists, when he was imprisoned in France in 2015. The justification was that he "practiced a radical form of religion". It writes the AFP news agency.
the death toll has risen to five. It writes Le Monde.
OVERVIEW: How to progress the attack in Strasbourg
Three people are dead and 13 others are injured, after the 29-year-old Cherif Chekatt on Tuesday evening opened fire at a christmas market in Strasbourg. Thursday night was the suspect shot and killed by police.
Here is what we know about the attack:
* on Tuesday, around the clock 19.50 opens a man a fire near the Place Kléber where the christmas market Christkindelsmärik is held.
* Then, he runs down the small, narrow street, Rue des Orfèvres, which is filled with shops and cafés. Here, he opens fire, just as he when to open fire on the nearby Rue des Grandes-Arcades, before he flees across the bridge Pont du Corbeau.
* In all goods the shooting in about ten minutes and takes place across several blocks. In this period belong several witnesses the perpetrator shout "Allahu Akbar" (God is great, ed.). Other witnesses says that he also tries to attack people with a knife.
* the Offender meets a soldaterpatrulje during his escape, and there is a skirmish place. A soldier is hit by the shot in the hand, while the offender gets shot in the arm.
* A 45-year-old thai tourist gets hit by shots in the head in front of a restaurant and dies.
* the Perpetrator is fleeing in a taxi in the direction of the district of Neudorf, and crossed the Place de l'étoile.
* the taxi driver has since told police that the suspect boasted that he had killed people, and that he had a grenade at home.
* on the Night of Wednesday is going to be 350 security forces and several helicopters deployed in the hunt for the perpetrator. On Wednesday, fed the search for a further 500 soldiers.
* After two-day manhunt the suspect shot and killed by police in Neudorf on Thursday evening.
* Since Tuesday he had allegedly been hiding in a warehouse in Plaine-des-Bouchers in the district of Meinau, not far from the district of Neudorf.
Sources: The Guardian, France 24, France Info.read more Close