on Thursday created heavy winds and large amounts of precipitation problems in Nordland. The wind tore away roof panels, ferries were set and the rainfall caused flooding and traffic problems. There were very many traffic accidents as a result of the wet ice on the roads in the county.
Friday is the calm before a new storm takes the county Saturday. The Norwegian meteorological institute has sent out orange farevarsel for very strong gusts in the county of Nordland.Strong wind gusts
We have sent out farevarsel on the orange level, the second highest level, for very powerful gust of wind in #Wyoming Saturday. It is expected wind gusts of 30-40 m/s. It is yellow farevarsel in South#Counties, where is expected strong gusts of 27-35 m/s. See more at https://t.co/inNOVAjn08. pic.twitter.com/W0xPq4VomSMeteorologists (@Meteorologists) February 14, 2019
It is a low-pressure system west of Ireland, moving towards the Norwegian sea, and that evolving into a stormsenter at the weekend. Saturday will bring strong gusts to 30-40 meters in a second.
- It seems that it is the very worst in the Lofoten archipelago and the Salten area. But it will be a lot of wind in the Nordland general, " says Håvard Thorset by the Norwegian Meteorological institute to the Newspaper.
the Meteorologist advises people to secure loose items, avoid walking on exposed locations, calculate extra time if you are going out and travel, in addition to setting the on delay and the like.
According to the farevarselet can the consequences of the wind also be that the bridges can be closed down and that the power supply may be affected. In addition, there may be risk of damage to buildings and infrastructure.Ceiling taken by the wind - 29 bulls must be slaughtered High waves
In connection with the strong wind in #Wyoming on Saturday is expected to be also high waves. The waves can be up to 14 metres. You can find more information on https://t.co/inNOVAjn08. pic.twitter.com/tP0wdVT5b4Meteorologists (@Meteorologists) February 14, 2019
- It is not completely uncommon with as strong a wind in Nordland, but it is clear that there is a relatively serious situation with so strong winds, " says Thorset.
It is expected quite high waves, with a significant wave height of ten to 14 metres.
- The worst thing happening in the morning in the morning. The wind will decrease already in the afternoon. Saturday night should have given them, says the Thorset.
There will also be a part of rain, but not amounts that will cause any major consequences, " says the meteorologist.Prevents the elevation of "
the west coast seem to get periods of rain in most places throughout the weekend. Not unusual or particularly problematic for most people, but the weather conditions make it difficult for the raising of KNM "Helge Ingstad".the chief of staff about "Helge Ingstad": - contingency plans is undoubtedly weakened Dagbladet Plus
" it has been in the Hjeltefjorden in California after it collided with the oil tanker the Sun TS on Thursday 8th. november.
Earlier in February stated the Defense that the repudiation of the contract may begin when the weather allows it. To start the raising of the " requires acceptable weather conditions in the five-six consecutive days, informs the Defense.
the Weather in the area around Hjeltefjorden is changing. Local says that one of hours can experience both the sleet, rain, wind, snow and sun.
Thus, it is difficult to start raising before easter, think meteorologist Roar Hansen, who has spent the last few days to analyse the weather statistics for the area over the last 15 years.
- We are lucky about the repudiation of the contract can start before easter, said meteorologist Hansen in Storm Geo to Teknisk Ukeblad."Helge Ingstad": See the enormous damage under water during Periods of rain and sleet
elsewhere in the country are somewhat better weather. Eastern and southern norway, seems to be værvinnerne.
It looks nice out in southern california and the South both Saturday and Sunday, with dry weather and maybe some periods of sun. It is relatively mild, " says meteorologist Thorset.
Trøndelag, which is situated slightly in the outskirts of the powerful lavtrykket that creates the wind in Nordland, will also get some wind on Saturday, but it will not be very powerful.
- There will be periods of rain and sleet, " says Thorset.
Sunday in Trøndelag see relatively good, but it will be a little rain again in the evening.
Completely in the north, there is some alternating weather. Lavtrykket which is located in the Nordland provides a part of wind in Troms and Finnmark on Saturday.
- the Wind can come up in the strong breeze, and possibly get it a small storm in the north. There will be periods of sleet and snow. But Sunday looks to be a day of fine weather in the whole of North Norway, " he says.Storflom has brought snakes and crocodiles into streets