He began as a rapper in 2007 under the stage name " Jinks, and since found loads of Danish artists out of, he can be something special when it comes to screw pophits together.
the 35-year-old Lars famous and best-selling Christensen, who right now can be seen on TV2 as X Factor judge, has written and produced songs with, among others, Rasmus Seebach, Burhan G and Nik and Jay on the Danish popscene over the past ten years.
Although he has released two albums, and here means, in particular one song, something special for him. It reminds him, namely about his childhood growing up on the copenhagen Perform, which was not always easy.
Film, tv & radio - 21. may. 2020 - pm. 14:43 Met the Danish pop star: - I do not understand
Which song is your best?
'My name in lights' represents the whole me, I think. It is from 2015 from my second album, 'For us'. It is a joyful song, but there are many layers in the text. It's about dreams, and the things to clear the Area.
- It is a celebration that the whole thing could easily have gone wrong, but just think, we are here. The feeling I often have in my body. I say in the song: 'It might so easily have gone wrong, flashback, good thing we put the music before everything as a hashtag.
- There is a little word game, but it's also about that I might be gone pretty much to the limit, where I have been young and stupid and experimented, but I have always had something that pulled me in the other direction.
Where did the inspiration for it from?
I sometimes think: 'Imagine if I had been that night, what had happened as a result?' I have just seen many fates, so I sometimes think how lucky I am.
- I have plenty of examples of friends I grew up with, which is been injured with substances, people who are smoked in and sit, and the people I have lost on the road.
Film, tv & radio - 21. may. 2020 - pm. 23:25 Nervous before the final: It feels bare
How did you feel when you wrote it?
- first I thought it was a ballad. It is also why I think people like it. The world's best songs are some such, you both can dance to and stortude to. Not because it is completely over there, but I think I thought it was a much deeper song, but then all of a sudden came the house party beat.
- It is mark selby, who produced it. He came one day and said it should feel like a house party in the suburb, because it fit the mood.
- We did the whole album together. Such is it always to work with Burhan. I sit and talk about things I want to write about, and hums, and then he sits just at the piano and creates a sound, which can provide a framework for the story I will tell. It's pretty cool.
How is it to perform with live?
- It is such a big crowd favourite. It is actually the song I had on Spotify, which has streamed the best. It's funny that the both means a lot to me, but also was a great song for some.
Film, tv & radio - 20. may. 2020 - pm. 07:57 In the rallying cry: - I'm tired of it
What has it meant for your career?
It was the first track I made under the famous and best-selling name, which was a festsang, I succeeded with. I thought not at all, people would have it from me. Until this point I had had eight hit singles, but it was the ballads or serious songs.
- Nicolaj Bundesen from the record label went around to the radio stations and played the song we thought should be the single, and so he played also just 'My name in lights', and then they were all together like this: 'It is the song, forget everything else'.