Hervé Leclerc had two wishes for his talented son: That he should come to Formula 1 and win the world championship.
his Father died, however, in 2017, before he could reach to discover any of the parts. But he was a merry message, before the time was right.
Charles Leclerc told him namely, that he had been guaranteed a seat, just before it was too late.
There was only the slight snag that it was not in place.
- It was a little earlier than I had written below, but in the end lied I'm not, I'm at Ferrari now which is great, he says to BBC.
Hervé Leclerc was only 54 years old.
Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
Three days after the death of his father was Charles Leclerc run Formula 2 in Baku. He sat down superiorly on the pole position and won the next race.
- It was very hard, he says.
- The only thing I said to myself, was that it meant the world for him to see me run the race, and he would not have wanted to see me be destroyed before a race and run poorly.
The young running has also lost his godfather, Jules Bianchi, in his time on the way up through the ranks. He died, as you know, after the F1 grandprix in Japan in 2014.
Bianchis father and Hervé Leclerc was best friends and Charles Leclerc had a brotherly relationship for Jules Bianchi, who was only eight years older than him.
- I always think of them when I witness a race, and I'm quite sure that they are up there and looking down at me with a smile.
Foto: Jan Sommer
This season, the young Leclerc's second in Formula 1, and he impressed the great in his debutsæson, where he was exceptionally much out of a Sauber-breeds, as no one had expectations for.
Now he gets a Ferrari to work with and a quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel to measure themselves against.
The 21-year-old monegasker carries a huge amount of pressure on his shoulders, but he puts even the ingot high. Though he also has a realistic approach to things.
- of course I am happy, if I quickly get used me to the car and on the road.
- It is only my second season in F1. I have much to learn, and there is much work ahead.
In the 2018 season he managed to score points in ten races. Impressive, but it must now be fought in the allersjoveste part of the field.
Sports and Games How is Kevin: the balance of power on this year's grid