Belgium is a pioneer when it comes to fight against the greedy spilproducenters money in the form of betting in the game.
According to The Danish gambling authority subject to it not, however, of the Danish spillovgivning, when one gambler in, for example, fodboldspillet FIFA to get better players. FIFA-expert Simon Juul Mortensen hopes to do something about it, because some very young people end up in situations reminiscent of a gambling addiction.
- There is a reason that they changed things by Counter-Strike skins, where you could 'bet'(gamble, ed.), for you got the damned hard compulsive gamblers out of the 12-year-old kids, he says.
FIFA-the game gets each year bigger and bigger as the esport. Here compete the in the specific part of the game, which is called the 'Ultimate Team', where you must assemble a team by buying players, as other users put on sale at a market in the game.
the Players be purchased for a fictional currency, which you earn by playing matches or by selling his own players. However, there is another way, you can earn money faster by paying real money for some packages with players.
- It is also a big source of income for them. We had a player in eSuperligaen, who used the 32,000 crowns on the packs, and it is completely crazy, when you think about it. That you need to spend so much money on to get a fairly decent team as you can play with
- the 'Ultimate Team' is so popular, so we are a little bit out in that it must be it here. But every time we need it, so we must also in one way or another forcing the players to buy the packages. It could be cool to find something that was more fair, says Simon Juul Mortensen.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Ronaldo is one of the most popular players in FIFA, which are very hard to get hold of. It is this type of map, which users can set their team up with. Screenshot.
As several other points Simon Juul Mortensen, that you should follow Belgium's example and look at whether there is evidence in the Danish legislation in order to introduce a stop over for the sales of 'FIFA points'.
- in one way or another be done any legislation for this is insane, what the draw of money right now on it here. Especially when you consider how many people turn sour on the game, but yet it continues. It is a fairly clear sign of a gambling addiction.
- So I will say quite clearly, that there must be one or another within the law, for it can sting. It can be all the games and everything, what you do, where you eventually can't keep up with it, unless you pay a lot of money, he says.
The Danish gambling authority writes in an email to Ekstra Bladet, that he is participating in a research project, which will identify the young people's relationship with gambling in video games. In addition, to participate in international co-operation, which must look more closely at the blurred lines between gaming and gambling.
Should the gambling in a computer game is covered by the current legislation, there are three criteria: There must be a deposit, an element of randomness as well as the option for a profit. The gain must, however, be converted into financial means, and here falls the vast majority of computer games from.
It is often not possible to translate the virtual winnings directly to the funds, but they provide instead an emotional value or a status that other users don't have.
the Psychologist at the Centre for Addiction Johan Eklund believes, however, that this type of gains should be included in the new Danish gaming law, so you can exert greater control over gambling among minors in computer games.
- I think that the gaming is obsolete, and I think that it needs to be updated, so the prize should not just be economic, but can also have great status or psychological gain, he says.
Gaming or gambling
Belgium assessed in april last year, gambling with the 'loot boxes' in computer games is inconsistent with their legislation, and several large game producers have had to bend and remove the possibility of gambling, when their game is published in Belgium.
Among other things, Blizzard's 'Overwatch', Counter-Strike, and basketball-the game NBA2K19 have already removed their gambling options, but the EA fought to the last, in order to be allowed to retain the possibility, however, must shut down for now.
- It, there are 'packs' in FIFA or 'case-openings' in Counter-Strike, it is that there is randomness involved. It is here that the outcome is determined by chance, and there is a win. If not it is of economic value, then, in each case, with a big status and emotional value.
- It is the criteria for gambling; there must be a deposit, it must be decided by the randomness, and there must be a profit. So we see it as gambling, " says psychologist at the Centre for Addiction Johan Eklund.
According to Johan Eklund the result the gambling element, in that our brains are designed to see patterns, and that is why the imagination is dangerous, when we automatically try to figure out how we win.
- If we win, then think about the brain, 'well, it was true. This context, which I had seen. I won, because I just pressed the hardness of the mouse, or just kept the weather on the way,' says Johan Englund.
It is, however, not all computer game, which utilizes gambling to earn money on the children. In the vast majority of the game is the only time you have to invest, the chance to win prizes, skins or the like.
- That you earn the currency 'in-game', it is actually more fair, because it is your time, you need to invest, and so it is not all konfirmationspengene, which is smoked in to EA or something.
in Order to be choose to play, then you must also get something. So by drops in World and Warcraft, for example, that you get something random, but if you are, then you get the good stuff, says Johan Englund.read more Close