It was a very emotional the Cardiff manager, who held a press conference ahead of Saturday's away match in Southampton, after the confirmation of Emiliano sala's death, could Neil Warnock really put words to his feelings.
For him, the tragedy has also been a deeply personal matter, for he believed that he had managed to learn the 28-year-old argentinian right good to know.
- He was a real Neil Warnock-type, he said in a result the Daily Mirror.
- He was a player who was not afraid to get dirt on the jersey. In my head he would score 10-15 goals per. season, but he would also work hard and be a team player.
- at the same time, he was a really nice guy. He had a dry sense of humour, and I liked his taste in music. He was just a good guy. No one has been able to say a bad word about him.
He feared the challenge that awaited him, a little bit, and he was aware that he should take a step up, says Warnock on Sala. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
- He was not young but at the peak of his career. He had been in a comfortable zone in France, but had still evolved year by year, told Neil Warnock, who feel confident that Sala and Cardiff had been a good match.
He feared the challenge that awaited him, a little bit, and he was aware that he would need to take a step up.
- But I think he could have scored goals in the Premier League, and it would probably be easier for him in Cardiff, where we have so close-knit a group of players. He had all the prerequisites to fall into.
For Neil Warnock, it has obviously been overwhelming to be in the center of the global attention on so sad a background. And football is, of course, slipped a little in the background.
- I was surprised that I shed tears the other day, but it is not something weird. I am sure that all parents have thought something of the same in the moments.
My head is back in football, and it is a good feeling, but I must also say that the guys and the entire staff have been amazing to me.
It has also been surprising to see that you could quickly collect an amount to the search, and on the whole incredible to see, how it here has brought the entire fodboldfamilien together. Hopefully offers found by him also the family a bit of peace.
Emiliano Salas corpses salvaged, and the family and all the other are satisfied. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
- We will wear black bracelets and keep a minute of silence in the morning. I am sure that the Southampton fans will accept, just like all the other clubs fans have supported.
- We have asked the Premier League if we can wear sweaters with lilies, and I am sure that they will allow, he says.
the Club shall, in addition to Emiliano Sala flown home to his family in Argentina, says owner Vincent Tan to Sky Sports.
And in Nantes, as the popular Sala had just left, have you decided that given the number 9 never comes in use.
- I have no words. It is a tragedy. I'm crushed. Emiliano left a big impression here, and I would like to, just like the fans, honor him one last time to retire shirt number 9, says klubpræsident Waldemar Kita for the club's website.
Premier League - 8. feb. 2019 - at. 09:37 Heartbreaking message to Sala: 'I love you, tito,'
Payment for the Sala detained: Cardiff can be affected by transferkarantæne
English football - 7. feb. 2019 - at. 23:49 the Police confirms: Salas corpse is found