In February of this year died the editor-in-chief Søren Rosenlund Christensen soon after he had been run down on the bike. Now, the North, to the 44-year-old chief editor of the newspaper died after an infection with a lethal and carnivorous bacteria.
The deceased man's family has therefore decided to appeal to the national Board of patients ' complaints and Patienterstatningen over the course.
As earlier reported in the media after Søren Rosenlund Christensen himself a gash on the knee in the accident.
Søren Rosenlund Christensen was treated in the emergency department at Aalborg university Hospital and released. However, he was not treated with penicillin, and it is probably the reason that the only 44-year-old man two days later died, informs Jutland.
For the carnivorous bacteria have entered the wound at the knee and spread with lightning speed to the other parts of the body.
- In this case, plain penicillin would probably have saved his life, when he was infected with a very penicillinfølsom bacteria, says professor Niels Frimodt-Møller, who is a senior physician at the Clinical Microbiological Department at the national hospital, to the North.
See also: the 44-year-old editor-in-chief were
Immediately after discharge got the smerteplagede Søren Rosenlund Christensen it worse and worse. After a longer clearing at Aalborg university Hospital was the correct diagnosis is finally made. Søren Rosenlund Christensen led of the deadly disease necrotizing fasciitis.
According to the North was the 44-year-old man immediately operated in Aalborg, but the doctors chose to transfer him by helicopter to the university hospital in Copenhagen.
Close to Preben stomach devoured by carnivorous bacterium: - I have received my sentence of death
As previously mentioned was Søren Rosenlund Christensen, however, cardiac arrest and died during the helicopter trip.
None of the involved doctors or Aalborg university Hospital want to speak to the North about the case, writes the newspaper.
Necrotizing fasciitis is a rare, but life-threatening infection that can destroy skin and underlying tissues (connective tissues, dermis, muscles and muskelhinder). The condition may develop seriously with shock, and injury to internal organs.
Usually occurs necrotizing fasciitis very quickly, spreads rapidly and can be life-threatening in a matter of hours to days. It is important to be admitted to hospital and treated immediately. As a rule, it is necessary to remove the inflamed tissue by surgery.
the Progress of necrotizing fasciitis is often quickly and dramatically. The time from the disease occurs, treatment is started is crucial for how it will go for a person with necrotizing fasciitis.
If there is a long delay before starting treatment, mortality is high (can be over 40 %). If treatment is started quickly, reduced the mortality rate considerably.
because of the great surgical operations, as may be necessary, can cause late effects, such as scars or amputations.