Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook


ECJ: child benefit for unemployed EU foreigners

EU foreign nationals are children money even when they are not engaged in employment - and the children continue to live in their home country. The European court of justice ruled in a case from Ireland.

EU citizens living in another member state, must not engage in employment, to get children's money. Child benefit cannot be granted under an employment, ruled the European court of justice (ECJ).

EU legislation requires, therefore, that someone is an employee. The claim was also not dependent on the applicant money refer services due to or as a result of employment. This is true according to the ECJ, regardless of where the children reside: whether in the same country or remains in the home country. "A Person has for family members entitled to family benefits, as if you would live there."

Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.