The 37-year-old stjärnmålvakten missed the NHL's Stanley Cup playoffs with the New York Rangers and during the Friday afternoon could SVT reveal that Henrik Lundqvist agreed to a world CUP game.
A disclosure that an hour later it was confirmed by the Tre Kronor.
In the press release the league sent out regarding NHL players going to the world CHAMPIONSHIPS was Henrik Lundqvist's name at the top.
Read also: the DN in the conversation with Henrik Lundqvist in New York, to be its own worst enemy
Lundqvist was with and took the world CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 in Germany and France, together with tvillingbrorsan Joel, but Henry was not in the world in Denmark last year.
Now will he, therefore, to Slovakia, where the world CUP begins on may 10.
Henrik Lundqvist writes on Twitter:
”we have Seen in Bratislava? Looking forward to drag me to the yellow-blue shirt again.”https://twitter.com/HLundqvist30/status/1119224449608355842
goalkeeper Jacob Markström has accepted the world CUP games.
a Total of 13 NHL players who so far have said yes.
in Addition to Lundqvist and Markström are also players like Elias Pettersson, Olliver Ekman Larsson and Adam Larsson on the list.
The latter three were all with in the last year guldlag even if Elias Pettersson the time could not complete the tournament due to a broken thumb.
In the press release also stated which NHL player has said no. Among them are, inter alia, to Buffalo Rasmus Dahlin and Tampa's Victor Hedman and Anton Strålman.
Victor Hedman and Anton Strålman, who took the world CUP in 2017, according to the press release both declined due to injuries.
Why Rasmus Dahlin has chosen to say no to the world CUP debut is, however, not.