- My wife had with the bus and wanted to pay with cash.
- It was a 1'is from the Vodskov against Nørresundby at 12.03 on Saturday.
- But the bus driver refused to take the cash.
- It is as far as I know is not legal!
so begins Lasse O an email to the nation! about the problems, people, who like cash, are increasingly experiencing. Lasse has experienced for themselves that get rejected good Danish banknotes in the local gym. He hopes that there are some politicians who read here.
His letter – which buschaufførens boss comments below – continues namely as follows:
She felt pressured to pay with mobilepay.
- And very comical - now when we now have to keep 1 m distance, - asked the driver for her also to keep so much distance that it was impossible for him to see the ticket on the cell phone
- Now, this udskamning and stigmatisation of people who are trying to pay with cash will soon cease, writes Simone O, but Nordjyllands Trafikselskab - which has seen the email - corresponding to it is not at all about udskamme any:
- as of Thursday 19. march 2020, selected all the transport authorities in Denmark temporarily stop the sales of kontantbilletter in the buses in all trafikselskabernes areas.
Stopped for the sale of kontantbilletter was introduced following a call from the minister of Transport, cf. press release from 18. march.
- We regard our customers to use the travel card or for the purchase of a ticket via our digital channels, including our own NT Ticket App as well www.ntbillet.dk.
- Fortunately, the majority of our customers are familiar with to use these channels, but we are aware that it can cause challenges for some customers.
- Therefore, we have also put a huge effort to inform our clients about the alternatives to kontantbetalingen including, posters in and on buses, posting on social media and on information screens in the buses, which are equipped therewith.
As stated in the press release, this is a temporary measure, which alone is justified by the specific situation we find ourselves in, with the spread of the corona virus/covid-19.
- as soon As the operation is normalized, and there is no longer need to take these health considerations to the drivers in our buses, will the sale of kontantbilletter, of course, be resumed, writes Mette Henriksen, head of Customers & Sales in Nordjyllands Trafikselskab, but what are you thinking?