Håndboldkvinderne from the Herning-Ikast (IBT) should have new head coach in the coming season.
Mathias Madsen stops namely, in the club, when he disagrees with the club's future strategy. It writes the IBT on its web site.
the Management has decided that it must be the end of red figures on the bottom line, and it leads to savings in the athletic budget.
- There are thinned out in the squad - among other things through the sale of bagspilleren Jeanett Kristiansen to Våg Vipers. The desire from management has been that garderingerne on the bench should come from the club's own talentsystem with ISI and Sports College.
- This strategy has the head coach Mathias Madsen not wish to operate in, and therefore aired the he for a month's time ago the possibility that cooperation should stop after four years - the most recent year as head coach, writes the club.
the Club has selected the wrong approach, think of the now former head coach, which stops a year before the end of contract.
- But how must it be, when we see so differently on things, and that I am slamming, not with the door, " says Mathias Madsen.
instead, the Kasper Christensen, who shall be the new head coach of the Herning-Ikast.
He has most recently trained Sønderjyskes men, but is prior to the coming season, replaced by Jan Activities in Sønderborg-the club.
The new IBT-coach buy into the idea that future success must be built on good talent.
- I am fully aware that you're used to playing finals and titles in the IBT, and I also know that the public focus is large. This pressure trigger me, and so I have always been deeply impressed by the talentudviklingssetup you have in the club.
- It is quite simply unique and the best in Denmark, and it is really unbelievable that it is located in a city with only 17,000 inhabitants, says Kasper Christensen.
Herning-Ikast was number six in the base game, since the coronavirus was 2019/20 season called off.