It may well be that the room shines clearer and smells cleaner than at home, when you enter a hotel room, but the reality is not always as it looks.
It reveals a number of hotelansatte to the british media The Sun, which has dug in what is going on behind the closed doors at hotels the world over.
And it is certainly not stories for the faint of heart with stringent hygiene rules, as they hotelansatte opens up about.
For example, reveals a hotelansat by the name of Agnes, who works at a four-star hotel in the scottish capital, Edinburgh, it is an extremely good idea, if the guests just wash the cutlery in the room before using it:
- I have never done it myself, but I know that some of my colleagues just use a few rags, which they also use for toilets, to wash plates and cutlery in your room, she says to The Sun, and continues:
- In our case, the hotel has not given us enough cleaning utensils, so we are like just have to improvise and use what we have.
’Put the towels, which need to be replaced on the floor’.
something like it is written in many hotels, which would like to save a bit on the massive amount of laundry, they have to go through each and every day.
But even if you have not used your towel, it's a good deal for you to get it replaced with the same, or that you ask for an extra set.
It says a hotelansat by the name of Martin, who has worked on popular hotels in skidestinationen Courcheval in France.
- the Rooms were well spread, and I did not bother to continue to go forward and back to get clean towels, so I tried to let as many towels as possible be in the room. It also included towels, which clearly had been used by the previous guests, he says to the british media and continues:
- In several cases I put them on the radiator so they could dry while I fixed the bed and made to clean the bathroom.
Even worse is the situation with the towels, if you talk with Anna, who works at a luxurious hotel in Belfast in northern Ireland.
- We have used guests towels to clean the toilets, she says.
According to Dan, working at a motel in Mariposa, which is close to the popular tourist attraction of Yosemite National Park in California, it is also a good idea to check out his bed, before one attaches itself to the right for a good nap.
According to him, it happens often, in fact, that the cleaning staff don't have the time or the energy to change the sheets.
I might have 20 beds in a day, and it is therefore hard for the back, so if I see a bed that has been used, but not totally messy, nests I the just with the same bedding and hope that nobody notices it. And it has worked so far.
Although the bedding has been changed, you can't end a sigh of relief yet. According to Paschal, who works at a motel in Twizel in New Zealand, is the quilt itself is often extremely bakteriefyldt.
- With us we change the bed linen on the duvets every day, but there is no system that tells us when we need to wash the covers, he says, and continues:
- Several of our quilts are starting to become yellowish in it instead of being white, and they only come to the wash, if we discover that there is a great spot.