Dina Thorslund must once again defend his WBO WORLD title in the super-bantamvægt on Danish ground.
This time, against the mandatory challenger April ‘Armageddon’ Adams on Saturday the 22. June in nothing less than Forum Horsens with the showbiz-sounding headline: the Thunder From Down Under.
The Danish Sauerland-boxer is facing so back to the boxing ring after a bloody, but also successful first WORLD title defense in Struer against the experienced Alesia Graf.
A showdown, as Dina Thorslund, incidentally, won with a unanimous points decision, although in spite of everything, cost a stupendous gash over the left eye.
Now put the 25-year-old hard-hitter from Struer therefore, its coveted CHAMPIONSHIP belt up for grabs against the 31-year-old April Adams from Queensland, Australia, which has won the role as a WORLD cup contender because of his WBO Asia Pacific Champion title.
But the undaunted and cold-blooded Struerboer comes to put it mildly, not to lie sleepless on the night before boksebraget in Horsens. There is the opponent far from frightening enough, says she cool:
- She (April Adams, ed.) looks to be scary good, " says Dina Thorslund Extra Magazine and continues:
But however, I have after all heard, that she should have gone to the Bare Knuckles (boxing without gloves, red.), so I am thinking that she still must be a tough guy.
- It can easily go over and be a physical tough game, but she is far from the strongest opponent I have met, says the Danish champion.
Dina Thorslund is undefeated in his total of 13 matches in the boxing ring, and may boast of six knock-out victories - most recently in the battle for the european championship against Gabriella Mezei back in 2017.
- If there is a chance for a knock-out, then I do it certainly. But it's also about that I have less on my ears for the time being, so I can now concentrate more on boxing, " says Thorslund.
- I am preparing myself always one hundred percent - but it's also about the circumstances. If I both are physically and mentally better prepared this time than in the past, then Adams (April, ed.) be really afraid to smoke in the floor a few times. It strives I certainly after.
- I have larger profits this time - so now I will not be sweet of me anymore. Now I go to the steel! she rolls fast.
the Arena in Struer is dropped for Forum Horsens. And for the first time since the 2007 WORLD championship boxing on the poster in the east jutland city. But Dina Thorslund hope, however, on support from the faithful crowd of boksefans from the home city.
- Horsens is an old bokseby, so I hope that there will be great support. It is also mega-fat with a home ground advantage in the Forum Horsens, which is something bigger than the arena in the town of Struer.
- There are always nerves, but it is only in comparison to my own pressure and my own expectations for my own performance in the ring, she says.
Dina Thorslund need as part of its preparations, is also a getaway to the East End of London and the legendary Repton Boxing Club. A bokseklub, which over the years has raised its share of WORLD cup boxers and OLYMPIC medalists.
April Adams is unbeaten in its last seven matches and feel - by his own admission - almost unstoppable. And she is threatening even to bring the ‘thunder from Down Under’.
- This fight is a possibility, as any figther strive for, but which very few get. It has been a goal for me, even from before I began boxing. I have always dreamed of becoming a world champion, and I feel very privileged chance to see the goal unfold now, " says April Adams, in a Sauerland press release.
- Thorslund is a very strong boxer. She is the current world champion for a reason, but I believe in myself. I think of the sacrifices I have made and the hard work I have put into my training. I owe it to my team and my fans, who have been behind me on this journey to win this battle, and the 22. June has the WORLD championship belt has been given a new home, ending the australian challenger.
does not Dwell on the shock-message
When Dina Thorslund was called up barely a month ago by his now former manager Peter Forsman, she was both shocked and appalled at the content of the conversation.
Forsman told that about his grim past under the name of Peter Hougaard Knudsen and about why he took a name change to erase his past as a convicted in one of The most sensational rape cases.
Thorslund terminated immediately cooperation then.
- I do not think so much about it anymore. Just as soon as a decision is made, then it's on in my world. I does not dwell on it. But when I've talked with others who have worked with him, so I thought, where the game shocking, it was. It had no one seen coming, says Dina Thorslund.
- But should I now to be suspicious of everything and everyone? Should I be skeptical and careful with everything I do? I still face people who I'd want to meet - openly and honestly. And I assume that the people are also such to me - if they are not, then I find yet always out of it. I don't want to go and be unhelpful and waste my energy on it.
- But I was extremely surprised. And if I had heard it from anyone other than him though, so I had then said: ‘You take the piss out of me!’. Thomas Madsen. Boksetræner, red.) was fucking also in shock, she says.
the Future plan is to Team Sauerland, Dinas Thorslund and boksetræner Thomas Madsen running things on your own without a new manager form.