.- It has been great to be with to make a difference, and to contribute to the community, " says photographer and journalist Mirian Yanira Befring (48) to Dagbladet.the Shock
After weeks on end with intense concentration, listening and notetaking, before the more intense days at the tail end where the hour-long discussions should end in a conclusion, was Befring and the other nine members of Norway-history's last jury today ready to tell the public its conclusion.PROUD: - We did our best, our samfunnsplikt, " says Mirian Befring. Photo: Christian Roth Christensen / Dagbladet Show more
Eirik Jensen was guilty of gross corruption. But not in the hasjsmugling.
Where the former stjernepolitimannen was sentenced to 21 years imprisonment in the district court, would such a judgment lead to a drastic redusjon in the years he had to sit behind the walls.
over An hour took it before fagdommerne, with lagdommer Kristel is New in the tip, effectively shot down the conclusion. They set the jury verdict aside, and unless Jensen and his forsvarerteam when forward with an appeal to the Supreme court have all Jensen-the case treated in the court of appeal again.Set aside the jury's acquittal of Eirik Jensen Trust 100 per cent of the judges
a Few hours after the worst of the chaos has calmed meetings Mirian Yanira Befring in Dagbladet TV studio. It has been a tremendous day, " admits Befring.
- What are you thinking when the judges put the ruling of their page?
I thought really nothing. I was just concentrated on hearing what they had to say. I think that they can their job, and that they are better in law school than me, " says Befring of the Newspaper.
I think that the decision is right, from their point of view. They can this much better, and I rely 100 percent on them.
- Eric Jensen said that this was to spit on the jury, what do you think about that?
- It seems I don't. We did our best, our samfunnsplikt. This was the answer we had, people have opinions anyway. We must only relate to facts, we gave this answer and it needs people to relate to.
- We have discussed everything, we've gone through several hundred thousand pages and documents, and sms-is, says Befring.
- Was there much disagreement?
Not really. I had thought there would be much disagreement, but we were actually quite unanimous. What we had as a goal was to go through everything and arrive at a decision. We worked until we all felt that we were ready to give an answer.CHAOTIC: 28. January was Eirik Jensen get answers on whether he was judged guilty, or acquitted of drugs and korrupsjonstiltalen. Instead, everything was turned on its head. Video: Nicolai Delebekk / Kristoffer Løkås / NTB Scanpix. Editing: Marie Røssland. Photo: Bjørn Langsem Show more Said nothing
- Why did it take so long?
Because there was so much documents. We went through things two and three times, and discussed in the plenary. It has been a very, very interesting case. We in the jury have been well known and a very tight-knit group. Now we need to give each other some room to be each of us, but we have talked about to get hit. We will get together as friends, but we can not meet to celebrate a judgment.SPEAK OUT: Swedish Mirian Befring was a jury member in Eirik Jensen case. Photo: Christian Roth Christensen / Dagbladet Show more
- Have you managed to keep you away from the media?
- When you pass by a kiosk you see the newspapers, look at TV, you'll always bump into it. But I have not been actively involved in and looking for information on the web. I have related myself to that which came forward in the saddle.
- Have you got many questions from the people you know?
I have not told people that I have served on the jury, but most people know it well. If I have questions, I have answered that I haven't been able to comment on it.This believes the experts about the Jensen-drama: - A huge slap in the face to the jury word for Word
Lagdommer Kristel Heyerdahl said the following when fagdommerne overturned the jury's verdict in the case against Eric Jensen, the shockwave went through the auditorium and the former stjernepolitimannens relief was turned upside-down:
the Court of appeal has taken the following decision, began Heyerdahl according to NTB.
- Go often arise from the trial court's ruling that the defendant is not guilty, but the court finds it indisputable that the defendant is guilty, the court may unanimously decide that the case shall be processed again for other judges, those straffeprosesslovens section 376 a of the first paragraph. This is a narrow unntaksregel that meets the objective to avoid clearly incorrect frifinnelser, cf Rettstidende 2007, 17-23, paragraph 19. Lagretten have answered no on question 1. The appellate court found it indisputable that the defendant is guilty according to the indictment item 1 and decides unanimously that the case should be treated on the new one with the other judges, on the straffeprosesslovens section 376 a, first paragraph, first sentence, said Heyerdahl.
- Lagretten have answered yes to questions 3 and 4. The court of appeal found that the post 1 in the indictment, which is decided treated in the new, the new treatment should be treated together with item 2 in the indictment, cf straffeprosesslovens section 376 a of the second paragraph, second sentence. The case against Eirik Jensen for this in its entirety to be processed on the new for the other judges. The decisions cf the criminal procedure act (...) is unanimous. Eirik Jensen, understood this decision from the appellate court?"
Eirik Jensen black:
- not Really, but yes.Jensen leaves the right Video