After 10 months of struggle - without the school time - my son finally provided in October 2015.
- He is autistic.
- the first meeting with a caseworker, who asked what it is about. The idea of actually not why we are there.
- The second meeting; our son gets mistaken for another boy and the liquidator has again not put itself into what it is about.
- There will be a total of 5 caseworker change through 3 years. The last 3 shifts within the last half a year. Meetings are cancelled time and time again.
so begins Marie P a letter to the nation! about the hopeless situation she and the son, 14 in. Marie writes that she is desperate because her autistic son did not get the help he needs. And in the answer as Sorø Municipality has sent to the nation!, there is not much help to download (læde it below). Marie's letter thus continues:
- Right now we are fighting for driving to school with my son, in the periods I have him.
- I do not have the opportunity to run him due to work (I meet at 04.00).
- My x husband - my son's father - the municipality will not do anything, as our son resides with me.
- In the summer of 18 got my son granted the bus, but he stresses the extremely fast and has much anxiety, and a bus filled with other children and a bus driver he definitely is not comfortable with.
Sorø municipality will not listen and as they change actor in October, it is totally off with the bus ride.
the Municipality believes that my son can easily sit in the bus an hour - although he gets repetitive stressanfald.
- This is so 4 months ago now, where my son has not been in school (during the periods he lives with me).
Sorø Municipality/case worker has cancelled the last 3 meetings we have tried to get in position, and now it is going to be very critical with our boy!!
- He thrives definitely not with the instability of everyday life, writes Marie, who is considering whether she can continue to take on work, when her son, now just sitting at home, because he can't take the bus.
And read to correspond from the Children's and Familiechef in Sorø Municipality, Henrik Madsen, so there is no view to the municipality by the mother and the son desire:
- As a municipality we cannot comment on specific cases. But I can give general answers to your questions.
- When we encounter families with children with special needs, we have a number of opportunities to offer advice and support, which among other things can help parents to establish a daily life that provides the best possible environment for their children.
- It is up to the parents whether they will accept these offers.
- In relation to driving, the rules are such that the municipality offers a shuttle service to special needs children that use the school, they are eligible for.
- If you as parents choose to avail of the free school choice and send their child to a school, there is no right to drive, but must arrange for transporting their child to and from school.
- This, we will inform the parents about before they make choices about school. The Solo drive is granted only in exceptional cases and only if you use it in a school, you are eligible for.
- As management, we want to keep the meetings that are being scheduled.
But also case-workers may become ill, and therefore it may happen that we will have to cancel meetings. When that happens, we make sure to agree on a new meeting, write familiechefen, but what do you mean?