Six months after the collapse of the Morandi bridge in Genoa was begun with the demolition. Who bears the responsibility for the disaster, has not yet been clarified.
Almost five months after the collapse of the rear construction has started. The dismantling of the first large piece from the West part of the bridge ruins, however, takes longer than originally announced. The Work will last for a very likely until Saturday, said a responsible person.
Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte spoke during a visit to the construction site of a significant Moment for the whole of Italy. It was very important and symbolic to begin the reboot with the Dismantling of the bridge. "This is a new start for Genoa, Liguria and Italy."No fast train line between France and Italy
transport Minister Danilo Toninelli of the Five-star movement took the time to once again set up another large infrastructure project in question. Already in the construction of fast rail route between France and Italy is not to be built according to his opinion, to the end. Instead, Italy and need a great maintenance Initiative for the existing infrastructure. In Genoa, this would have saved lives: "If there had been maintenance work, were it not for the bridge, and we would not have 43 Dead. I ask myself the question: Toni Nelli, before you pull it, five billion euros of taxpayers ' money for a hole in the mountain to spend to travel to Lyon, or if you'd prefer to keep Thousands of viaducts, bridges, provincial roads maintenance, where - as I, myself, in Sicily, have seen, entire communities are isolated?"
The collapsed Morandi bridge was not only an important supra-regional transport, but also the infra-structural bracket for the port city of Genoa, where at least 1.5 percent of the Italian gross national product will be generated.
with the collapse of the Morandi bridge were 43 people were killed.Minister of transport: schedule
The design for the new bridge comes from Star-architect Renzo Piano, who hails from Genoa complied with. The cost of more than 200 million euros will be borne by the motorway operator company. The new building should be up to the spring of the next year. The Minister believes that the compliance with the ambitious schedule.
In the agreement all companies had signed, which are involved in the development, there are penalties. "Contractual penalties for delays in Decommissioning and contractual penalties for delays in construction. And anyone who writes a contract with high penalties, and know that deadlines can be met and that he will never keep."1/1 satellite images of the Morandi bridge in Genoa
you can Change the display by Moving the image slider. Responsibility for the collapse are not yet known
Only after the completion of the giant steel structure will stay in Genoa again, the normal everyday life. Meanwhile, hundreds of people are still struggling with the consequences of the collapse, because they have become homeless and temporarily in Hotels or Notquartieren were housed. Much was unclear and provisional, says the 64-year-old Sabino Marinelli, after all, the authorities had left the Affected but never alone.
"Here in Genoa, the municipality and the Region, and all authorities have always kept to ourselves. We meet once a week with the mayor, the reconstruction Commissioner. We have various Meetings and the result is that the relationship between us and the authorities will always be better. Join us, you have never let us down."
Who fall for the bridge to no, the responsibility is not legally resolved yet. The Prosecutor's office of Genoa's investigating more than 20 Accused persons, including employees of the Ministry of transport, as well as against engineers and Managers of the motorway company.