More topdemokrater in the UNITED states requires full transparency, according to the special prosecutor Robert Mueller on Friday has handed over its report on the possible Russian interference in the elections in 2016, attorney general William Barr.
the Democrats, therefore, requires that the entire report will be published. In addition, they require that the president, Donald Trump is not allowed to 'preview' the report in advance.
Among the high-ranking democrats, is chairman of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and minoritetsleder in the Senate, Chuck Shumer.
- It is imperative for Barr to publish the whole report and its evidence and conclusions of the Congress, says Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shumer in a joint statement.
Topdemokraterne Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shumer. Photo: AFP
Professor: In the worst case, Russia may report trap Trump
We are now one step closer to knowing what role Russia played during the presidential campaign in the UNITED states in 2016.
UNITED states attorney general, William Barr, has on Friday evening Danish time received a long-awaited report from the special prosecutor, Robert Mueller.
the Report will also shed light on what sorts of offenses, president Donald Trump may have committed.
It is a moment you have been waiting on for two years, says Mette Nøhr Claushøj, external associate professor in american politics.
- It is very large. The question is whether the current US president has committed high treason and has collaborated with a foreign country to manipulate the election, then democracy itself in the UNITED states.
- Then it becomes not very slemmere. In the worst case, the president may be allocated, but there is not yet. We'll just have to see, how much serious there is in this report, but it is of the utmost consequence, says Mette Nøhr Claushøj to Ritzau.
the Report's content is not immediately published. It is also not indicated in the degree and, where appropriate, when it will happen.
But the minister of justice has indicated that he is probably already at the weekend will be able to share the main conclusions from the report of the Congress.
A president has never before been marketed. If the report determines that Trump has committed high treason, the House of Representatives vote on whether there should be raised rigsretstiltale against Trump.
Then, the Senate vote on whether Trump should be judged or not, explains Mette Nøhr Claushøj.
- The worst thing, that can stand in the report, is that Trump has been fully cognizant of and fully aware of what he did, and that he worked very specifically with the russians to manipulate the elections and the election campaign in the UNITED states in 2016.
- It is about whether he committed high treason, or whether he just has been a bit of an amateur in the context of electoral campaigning, says Mette Nøhr Claushøj to Ritzau.read more Close
William Barr 'do not give the president the Trump, his solicitors or his employees to see the special prosecutor müller's conclusions or the documentation in advance', says in the statement.
And The White House must not be allowed to interfere with the decision of which parts of the conclusions or the evidence that is to be published, write the two on.
Policy - 22. mar. 2019 - at. 22:15 Robert Mueller has handed over the report on the Russia-study
with excitement eagerly anticipated report to shed light on the role Russia played during the presidential campaign in 2016. In addition, investigating the report of possible offences committed by president Donald Trump.
According to attorney general William Barr will the main conclusions from the report will be published when they are submitted to Congress. It will, according to the minister of justice is likely to be already in the weekend.
But several prominent democrats will have, that the minister publish the full report.
- the minister for Justice Barr, to release the entire Mueller report to the american public. Now, writes senator Elizabeth Warren on Twitter.
She is a talkative critic of Trump and contender for the Democratic præsidentkandidatpost.
the Same call sounds from Bernie Sanders, who also wants to challenge Trump in the elections in 2020.
I call on the Trump administration as soon as possible to publish the special prosecutor müller's full report. No one, including the president, is above the law, he says.
Senator Kamala Harris, who is also democratic presidential candidate, also requires "full transparency". She takes even the call a bad on:
- the minister of Justice, Barr should publicly testify under oath about the conclusions of the study.
attorney general William Barr will consult with both vicejustitsminister Rod Rosenstein and Robert Mueller even before he decides whether - and if so, how much of the report can be published.