Morkler can be toxic if not prepared properly. It may have cost a Spanish woman life.
She died shortly after a visit to the Spanish Michelin-starred restaurant RiFF, where she ordered a rice dish with the poisonous mushrooms, writes the british newspaper The Telegraph.
The 46-year-old woman was Sunday out to eat with her husband and her 10-year-old son. They celebrated the husband's birthday.
the Woman died the next day.
the Authorities is now to determine the cause of death definitively.
- We are waiting for the investigations. They will show whether she died of poisoning, or of poisoning led to a condition that cost her life, says the regional head of health care, Ana Barceló.
11 other were also given the court the same evening. They were like the woman through the night hit of diarrhea and vomit, but survived.
the executive Chef, Bernd Knöller, has subsequently chosen to close the restaurant.
- I am in deep sorrow, he writes in the press release.