sometimes it is enough just enough.
And exactly how did Bjørn Tidmand it, as he 24. January of this year celebrated the 80 birthday and spoiled yourself with the gift to draw the musical connector definitvt.
– After 60 years on the road, I felt that I had done enough, he says, that for decades was a staple of ’Dansktoppen’ and ’Giro 413’ with hits like ’Little butterfly’ and ’Now ta’r I to Dublin’.
Dublin or other places in the world, he has, however, no immediate plans to seek out in these coronatider. And he is, nor does it intend to take out in the Danish summer.
– I will be at home. I have seen most of Denmark several times in effect of the many decades on the road.
Nor does the hand-built acoustic guitar as he, in 1985, purchased from the aarhus instrument maker Peter Emil Jakobsen, he has touched since the 80 years of the day. It is nicely wrapped.
– Must be sold?
– Certainly not. It has great sentimental value. Paul Banks had a similar. I have heard, he got it stolen.
– What are you doing now, you have laft the music on the shelf?
– Not so much. I am a happy pensioner, who go and relaxing and enjoying myself and have made sure to take good care of myself during coronaen, as most of the others, he says, but reveals that he actually plays bridge three to four times a week and when there has just been coronalukket – start each morning with some laps in the swimming pool.
And so I enjoy, that I am in good shape, and that no diseases are troubling, says Timand, who in 1997 was found to have lung cancer, but was healed.
– How many meters the swimmer you then?
– Oh, it's a little too private, he says.
Although he is no longer a performing musician, is there still music in his life. However, it is not danskpop, he is listening to.
– I listen to classical music on the DR. I started the drengekoret. And yes, I did career as schlagersangere. Many others were rocksangere, but I never did for the genres, the temptations.
– to quote my friend Little Pallet, so I can not see that music is getting fatter to be more powerful.
It has been 10 years ago, Bear Tidmandss third marriage disintegrated. Two children – a son and a daughter is it has to. As well as two grandchildren. And he is a proud father and grandfather.
My daughter has just finished his phd, and in the next week to fill my one grandson 25, he says.