Samfundsfagslærer Kenneth Andersen at the White School in Stege on Møn island must fight against the phones and tablets to get the approximately 50 students ' attention. It is hard.
- you Can't just wake her up, she sits and sleeps, he asks one of the students, while pointing at her sidemakker.
the Girl was not asleep, she just wasn't quite prepared to hear about the school choice, which she along with the others from the niendeklasserne at the school must participate in.
The next three weeks is that: democracy, elections and policies in their school schedule. Now, they must have a hallmark, learn how to vote and what the different political parties have positions.
For Kenneth Andersen is an important part of young people's education, that they learn what is going on in the society around them, and not only what they just read on Facebook.
- I think it is an important task for those of us who have a responsibility for the young people to let them get their eyes up for all the things happening and let them take a position on it. Those I teach, are the citizens of the future, it is those who for some years must decide what direction the society should be rotated, what to do with the welfare and education system, says Kenneth Andersen, when he is finished with the to inform students about the upcoming school choice.
The enthusiastic teacher, who himself is active in local politics, know that it can be difficult to engage students in politics, especially the nationwide. Kenneth Andersen hopes that his students will get a better understanding of the policy on the national level after skolevalget. For such as it is now, so it's more of what is happening in the local area that has their interest.
the Facts: school choice
printed school choice every two years. The next time will be in 2021.
Skolevalget is an authentic completed the election of the 8., 9. and 10. classes across the country
Nearly 80 000 students nationwide participating in the Skolevalget 2019.
31. January, students should vote in the elections. The voting will be as authentic as possible. There will be set valgbåse, which will be handed out ballots. Students must be registered before they can vote, and there will be the election officials present at the schools.
Parties, there is opstillingsberettigede to the united states within the 1. november in the year before holding the school choice, which can make up.
the political Parties at Christiansborg palace will celebrate the results of school choice on election day.
the Election will also be televised.
Source: school choice.dk
When speaking with the young students from the White School, so it is quickly evident that their teacher was right. Politics in general have not their major interest. The with issues in connection with the skolevalget is also not something that they just thought about. But when they have to relate to politics, it is the local issues, of which has caught their attention.
Issues such as tax, cuts in local public transport, the nearby island of Lindholm and higher penalties for violence and abuse is something that they have attitudes when they are asked to provide policy and school choice.
- I am fair to disagree in the case of Lindholm, I'm very against, it could well be a key issue. Those who have to go out there, can be allowed to take the ferry back, it is not a prison. They are criminals, and it is not for trifles, they are out there, it is also violence and such. They can just take a bus to Vordingborg, and from there the train to Copenhagen, then they can just run away. I am not fond of.
Isabell Fjordhøj is against the government's plans for Lindholm. Photo: Per Rasmussen
- I hear a lot about politics and think it is exciting, but I'm not involved himself in it, but I think it is cool that we should make school choice. Should I be politically active, then I would be in the Left, since I live in a farm, and they support the farmers.
- Should I choose a cause to support, then it is the abolition of the top, since I don't think it is fair. Just because you work a lot and earn a lot, so one should not pay a lot extra in taxes.
Emil Jørgensen is opposed to the tax, as he does not think it is fair to those who earn a lot of money. Photo: Per Rasmussen
I've been looking forward to skolevalget, and I think some of my issues could well be transport, shorter school days or something.
- I am trying to go up in the politics at home, but my family think I'm a little strange, because I am interested in it. It is because of my age, they think it's funny that I go up in the policy.
Sarah Oddermose have been looking forward to Skolevalget was discharged, as she is interested in politics. Photo: Per Rasmussen
- I am not really up in politics, so I don't really have any position as to what they are doing inside the Palace. Here at the school, I think, that politics and school choice is exciting enough, but at home I care.
- Should I choose a priority, then it could well be harsher penalties for violence and abuse, I would like to have is being taken up politically. It is never good to be violent towards others, and it should be punished for. Euthanasia is also something I advocate. One should not just be able to give it to the people, they must be terminally ill and have been so over a longer period of time.
Silas Madsen doesn't go on in politics, when he is at home. They speak about politics in school, so does he think that it can be quite exciting. Photo: Per Rasmussen