She was only seven-eight years old when she wrote her first songs, but despite the young age, there was no doubt that the track: Maria Montells future lay in music.
17. January fills the singer 50 years.
She grew up in Espergærde in a home where her father played clarinet brother played drums, and where the mother is always supposed to listen and applaud.
- I knew I was right little, that I would like to make music. I wrote small songs, which I sang for my budgie, Bimbos, which I loved very much high, says Maria Montell and smiles.
Since she began to play the organ and received training in song, and when she reached gymnasiealderen, she had already very good experience to stand on the stage.
She went in 2. g, as a Swedish producer saw her talent and offered her to make a single.
Maria Montell had warmed up for Sanne Salomonsen in Humlebæk Hall with its gymnasieband, Draw You to the North, but the 16-year-old star was more than ready to let the frugal kælderlokale under the nursery in Fredensborg, where she rehearsed with her band, replace a solo career on the big scenes.
- I was on the way to the stars!!!, she says and strikes out with his arms, while she laughs.
Then quickly went to it however not.
Although the local baker in Espergærde released the single 'I bet on you', and it was also played in the radio, there was still a long way to the breakthrough.
When Maria Montell was done in high school, bought a microphone, went to Spain and knocked on the doors of various nightclubs, she got a job.
Here she learned what it was to be a professional singer - to be able to its text, perform and embrace an audience.
Back in Denmark, she sang tyggegummireklamer to be allowed to record in the studio with Morten Remar album, 'I'm here for you'. But it was with the album 'Hard to be goddess', that she really broke through.
the Song 'While she sang (Di da di)' went not just into the charts in Denmark and Sweden, but aroused so much attention to Maria Montell could record it in both English and Spanish. And so was the road to abroad paved.
- I worked many years on the album, because we did it in several languages, tells the singer.
But it was not only abroad that got the eyes up for Maria Montell.
It did crown prince Frederik of denmark also.
- I thought: 'Well yes, he was very sweet, we could as well be seen a little'. But then it became a little more serious, we became lovers, and so I stayed a bit at the Amalienborg and tried it.
- It was fantastic in many ways, and it gave me the opportunity to see many things with new eyes, she explains.
But the attention came behind her.
- There were so many opinions, and all of a sudden, they acted about me and not about my music: how I looked and where I came from, I was a provinspige from a smooth family. It was hard, " says the singer, who in his own words had 'a bit to the psychologist', when the relationship was over.
today, she can see that she learned something of it.
- I have probably always believed in the best, so it was really behind me, that people could be like that. They could have so many opinions about me when they don't know who I was. But the world was not as pink and innocent as I thought, she says.
The next album, 'Thinking Positive', was recorded at topproducere in the UNITED states and Sweden, but nevertheless could the singer brand, that she had not found his right place in pop music.
- It was a really well produced only with some strong songs, but anyway, I was planed down in the press.
So she decided to go its own way. On her own label she released bossa album Bossa for my baby'. At the time she had met the actor and film director Tomas Villum Jensen and was pregnant with their first child.
the Album received fine reviews, and Maria Montell could feel that she was more than ready to drop the brand as popprinsesse and embark on a new path.
- It suited me very well to make something that was a little secret and on the music's terms, she says.
In all, it's so far been to eight solo album for the singer. In 2018 appeared she with his latest album, 'Soy Maria', but she also has done experience with writing music for others, and so she is still busy touring Denmark thin.
By the side of the career she has in several stages involved in development work in Africa together with her husband.
the Marriage with Tomas Villum Jensen, which has now lasted for more than 13 years, has borne two children with her.
today, live the couple and the children in the countryside in the north of Zealand with the dog Fine, view over fields and a big backyard.
Here you have Maria Montell found peace.
I can feel that now I'm not her, the young blonde any longer, now I am her, the middle-aged lady. A grown woman of 50 years. It is a little scary, while at the same time I really like it.
I can feel that there is a lot to topple me by the stick. I feel like I've got a strength of all of the things I have experienced in my life. And I feel I have a lot to give, she says.