Over 4000 danes is right now a fake Facebook profile, where a person pretending to be the Danish pop star, Rasmus Seebach.
On the Facebook page there are several pictures of the Rasmus, and in the various lookup calls on the person behind the profile to contact us if you want to write privately with the pop star.
In a posting, which has since been deleted, called the profile also young girls, who would be in a new music video.
During the lookup reacted more to 'tag' their daughters and acquaintances, while others warned that it is a fake profile that is at stake, and therefore invited to notify the profile to Facebook or the police.
You can see the fake profile here.
the Article continues under the picture ...
An unknown person is abusing right now Rasmus Seebachs name on a fake profile. Photo: Per Lange
the Extra Leaf has been in contact with Nicolaj Martin Bundesen, Rasmus Seebachs manager.
He says that he and Rasmus are aware of the fake profile.
'It is, unfortunately, a familiar scenario among most of the artists and the artists at home, that there are people who abuse their name on social media', he writes in an email to Ekstra Bladet.
Danish celebrity - 4. jan. 2019 - at. 15:20 Danish pop star caught in a tropical storm: - We did not away
Here informs he that the profile has now been reported to Facebook.
'We can't do so much other than to report it to Facebook as soon as we are made aware of the fake profiles, which we also have in this case', writes Nicolaj Martin Bundesen in the mail.
According to Flemming Kjærside, who is police commissioner in Rigspolitiets National Cyber Crime Centre (NC3), they often receive reviews on cases in which well-known people are abused on the web.
- It is far from the first time it has happened. We get to the reviews from the celebrity, who has experienced, that their name has been abused in one way or another on the web. We are, among other things, on several occasions, been made aware of this fake profile of Rasmus Seebach and his manager, says Flemming Kjærside.
well-Known Rasmus Seebach changed my life
however, It may be difficult for the police to do something about the fake profiles, unless the profiles directly is being called for anything illegal.
- There are periodically created fake profiles of known persons. Of course, it is not particularly nice and pleasant. But we can't do so much, before calling directly for something illegal. For example, if the profile blatantly begins to sell drugs or else, says politikommissæren.
He urges, therefore, that you are wary of the fake profiles and notify them to, for example, Facebook, when you encounter them.
- It is a good idea to warn others about, that there is a fake profile on the game, if you fall over, and additionally it is a good idea to report the fake profile to the providers. They used to be good to be able to respond and delete fake profiles, says Flemming Kjærside, stressing that the fake profiles in several cases, can be exploited by criminals.
- It starts to become dangerous, when the profiles appear to be well-known people, for example, begin to demand young women to one or other purpose. When you are sitting behind a screen, one can utilize such profiles to a lot of different criminal purposes, says politikommissæren.
According to Flemming Kjærside there are many warning signs you can be aware of, to avoid falling into the clutches of a fake profile.
- It is important that one uses his common sense. Rasmus Seebach is a sensible guy, and he could never find to write such on her profile, which is being done on the fake profile, you (the journalist, ed.) have told me about, he says.
- Additionally it is a good idea to keep an eye out for typos. There are, for example, been used Google Translate, and it can be a indicator that there is a fake profile. In this way it is relatively easy to figure out, says Flemming Kjærside.