Sandra Toft is leaving Team Esbjerg for the summer. The Danish landsholdskeeper is bought off by a foreign club.
The european topklub have exercised an option in the dane's contract, the writing Team Esbjerg on its website.
Sandra Toft has signed an agreement for the upcoming season with the new and as yet unnamed club.
- It is stated in my contract with Team Esbjerg, that I can buy freedom, but it has been an enormously difficult decision, and I have been at a loss.
- On the one hand, I love to be in the club, and on the other hand, it is enticing with a new udlandseventyr, says Sandra Toft.
Team Esbjerg coach, Jesper Jensen, I regret that Sandra Toft has chosen to change the club in the midst of an exciting building phase on the way towards new goals.
- Sandra is a big håndboldnavn, and she fills a lot in Team Esbjerg.
- Sandra has a winning mentality, which only very few are in possession of, and she will leave a void that both the goalie and the man, says Jesper Jensen.
He has known the decision in a few days and reports that the club has a list of topics to replace the charismatic goalie.
- It is big håndboldsko that need to be completed, but we strive to find a goalie on the same level - landsholdsklasse, says Jesper Jensen.
the 29-year-old Sandra Toft, who has played 103 matches for the Denmark, came to the Team Esbjerg in the summer of 2017 from the Norwegian Larvik, where she played in three seasons.
Previously, she played for seven seasons in the TTH Holstebro.
In the fall of 2017 extended she the contract with Team Esbjerg to 2021, but with the option to terminate the cooperation after two seasons at the club.
Sports and Games close to GOLD-the heroes: the Money, the secrets and the family
Opinions Modediktatoren: the World's best Mikkel