do you Know something?
Tip us on sms 1224 (alm. TEXT rate), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also choose to fill in the form below.E-mail: Name: Tel. No: Select the image or video (5 mb) Send the Upload photo/video, Close the
Thank you for your submission
not one of them. The editorsIt was an error - please try again
please Remember to fill in all the fields and attached material must not fill more than 5 mb.
If the problem remains, you can submit the tip on the sms to 1224 (alm. sms tariff), or via email to email@example.com.Submit material
Hobro Skiklub has been hit by one of the avalanches that right now raging in Austria as a result of the heavy snowfall. Fortunately, there are only incurred property damage, inform the club president Niels Leth-Sørensen for the Extra Magazine.
Around at 00.30 on the night of Tuesday, he sat together with five or six others in a cellar of the hotel Pehab in the city of Ramsau am Dachstein in Austria.
Suddenly we hear a big bang, and the waiter is pretty quick to see that it is an avalanche. He gets oriented, and the hotel goes in a state of preparedness, so that people are awakened and evacuated, he says.
the Club has 50 people on the trip, and in the first instance, moved the people to a neighbouring building. Subsequently moved on to a new hotel.
the Article continues under the picture ...
An avalanche hit the hotel, as Hobro Skiklub was staying at in Austria. Private
today, can Niels Leth-Sørensen see a hotel that is total destroyed by the accident:
- the Avalanche is driven through the restaurant, which is located in the ground floor. All the furniture is smashed. All the windows are blown out. The bus, we are running with, held in the extension of the hotel. It has been taken by the avalanche and is located 30 metres from where it had stopped. It will not be to the bus again, he says, and continues:
- that's It, as you hear other experience, and it is as you sometimes see in the movies. It is, of course, as we were standing in. Fortunately it was in the department of hotel, where there were people.
the Bus from The Taxi and the Bus was flung 30 metres away when the avalanche came. Here is the behind a tree. Private
It is The Taxi & Bus that has driven the company to Austria. Here informs dispatcher, Bent Hansen, that he is happy with how things have been done.
- There should be a fallen one and a half metres of snow in the night. In this context, there is an avalanche of snow that has hit the hotel. But the austrian authorities and the hotel has a good order got people out of the hotel. They were obviously shaken, but it has been done to the full by the responsible parties, he says.
at the same time he affirms, that the bus is not going to run again.
- But we have a bus nearby that will pick up people, he says.
He does not expect that there are any problems in driving the danes back home.
- It is actually only in the area that there are problems, and we follow the instructions from the authorities in Austria.
Niels Leth-Sørensen says that he is happy with how things have been handled:
- We are there as a sports club, and on the way, it is nice that the organisations around the supports up, just like the public system does it.
at the same time, he tells that this is the first time that the hotel will be affected:
- It is totally wild. The more than 200-year old hotel has never previously been hit by an avalanche, and it should not be possible, there where it is located. But it says something about the power of the avalanche has come up with.
Niels Leth-Sørensen and the other danes waiting right now that the roads be opened, so that they can get against Denmark.