Patrick Pedersen is perhaps not a name that resonates all over the fodbolddanmark, but in Iceland you are well aware of who the attacker with the bright hair is.
The 27-year-old striker was in the year 2018, the league top scorer on the volcanic island, when he accounted for 17 goals for mesterklubben Valur, and in 2015 he was also the league top scorer for the same club. In the meantime he was among other things a trip in the Norwegian football.
Now he is in the republic of Moldova - as the first dane ever.
In January signed Patrick Pedersen thus a contract until the end of 2020 with FC Sheriff, who with the distance are the premier club in the country and as late as in the last season met FC Copenhagen two times in the Europa League group stage. The Sheriff has won 17 championships in Moldova.
- I was a little skeptical in the beginning. What was it now? We met them last year in Europe, and there I noticed to the facilities, when we played at stamford bridge, and they are absolutely top notch. But the city and the culture is somewhat different, so I was in Moldova in december, along with my girlfriend and my agent just to look at it all, says Patrick Pedersen for advice.dk.
the Team reached an agreement with his girlfriend to take the plunge into the unknown.
- It is very limited in what they speak of English. There are some foreign players who can a bit, but it is not much. And the city itself is very different - I would say it is such that it is not the trækplasteret, he says.
the Level on the track fails absolutely nothing, tells Patrick Pedersen, and FC Sheriff commanded as also FC Copenhagen quite well up to the dance in the last season. The showdown in Moldova ended 0-0, while FCK won 2-0 in Telia Parken.
- There is good quality training. The club has a clear ambition to come in the Europa League group stage, so it will be especially exciting, with the european games. The Sheriff wont to be pretty sovereign in the domestic league, so I've got to know that you are not prioritizing it so high. It saves many players to the fighting in Europe, says Patrick Pedersen.
now, The big question is of course; how is there interest from the republic of Moldova for a Danish attack on the Island?
In Patrick Pedersen's case is that not all possible agentkontakter and ÝouTube-clip involved. In august tørnede Valur and FC Sheriff together in the Europa League-qualification, and although the dane did not score in the two matches, he made good advertising for themselves.
- It was there, they discovered me. I have been told that one of the defenders after the first match recommended me to the coach and said that he thinks they should pick me. So the club began to follow me closely and was so interested in a transfer, saith the Sheriff-the dane, who aims to make a good figure in the upcoming season:
- My goal is to do well and go on to something more exciting. FC Sheriff has a reputation for sending players on to some fine addresses, but it is obviously not a place like Scandinavia. It is more of a country such as Russia. It could well be a possibility, but I also have a girlfriend and children, so I of course also think of.
And then it does, of course, is not something that the shift to FC Sheriff are one quite rewarding one of its kind.
- I get much more in salary. They pay well, and of course it was also one of my considerations. I get probably three-four times more than I got on the Island, says Patrick Pedersen.
the Dane has provisionally been playing in two test matches for FC Sheriff. He's chasing is still his first score.