Coronalukning of a German slaughterhouse causing problems for the Danish pig producers.
The writing Landbrugsavisen.
the Problem is due, to a slaughterhouse in Rheda, operated by slagterikoncernen Tönnies, is karantænelukket.
It happens, after over 1300 employees have tested positive for the coronavirus.
the very Same slaughterhouse would have slaughtered thousands of Danish pigs delivered to Tönnies' Danish subsidiary, Tican.
- We are in an extreme situation - or Tican it says svineproducent Søren Overgaard, who is chairman of the 200 providers to Tican, to the newspaper.
Normally, pigs, delivered to the Tican slaughtered in either Thisted or Brørup.
Here Tican usually the capacity to slaughter of 70,000 pigs a week.
But a conversion of the slaughterhouse in Thisted has resulted in, you come violently backwards with slagtningerne.
the Plan was that several thousand pigs a week were to be sent to the south and slaughtered in Rheda.
But it ranges coronasituationen at the slaughterhouse in the state of north Rhine-Westphalia now legs for.
This means that there is a backlog of pigs in denmark, as the farmers can not get rid of.
- We are very unhappy with the situation, we ended up in, says Søren Overgaard.
- It fills pretty much of people that they have extra work in the stables.
- We had hoped that it could be obtained here in July, so people could keep the summer vacation, but when they don't, says Søren Overgaard.
Director Niels Jørgen Villesen from Tican call it a 'difficult situation'.
- We are struck by several circumstances, that we now have been lagging behind for a long time to slaughter the pigs, he says to the newspaper.
It gives some suppliers of the stables, he says.
At the country's largest bacon factory, Danish Crown, they are not immediately prepared to help the competitor.
- We are in competition. Tican-Tönnies has over a period invested in getting more pigs to kill. We are not put into the world to solve the problem, says the group's chairman, Erik Bredholt, to Landbrugsavisen.