'At the start it is found that the employee in the kitchen standing and smoking at the same time that he is about to handle food.'
How to write Fødevarekontrollen that yesterday, Wednesday, was on an unannounced supervision in the liberal thai-madkæde WokAmoks branch on Jagtvej on Nørrebro in Copenhagen.
Read the inspection report here.
'the Kitchen is very small, ca. 7-8 square meters. Out on the shelf in the kitchen there are two packages of cigarettes, and the company informs, that there is often smoked in the kitchen,' it says in the report, which is accompanied by a penalty: a warning notice, which is to count for the lifted index finger.
the Extra Leaf is calling to the owner, who insists on not to get his name in the newspaper.
- I cannot understand why the chef informs it. Remember that he speaks a very bad English. So it simply do not fit to be smoked often. There is a misunderstanding and an isolated svipser, insists the owner.
He also denies that the cook was handling the food.
- He was out with the waste and smoke a cigarette, which he briefly took into the kitchen by mistake. It is also completely unacceptable, so I was very angry when I got to know, because smoking inside is not something we practice. Certainly not.
- So there is a misunderstanding. No one is so stupid to say such.
a Short time after calling the owner again for the Extra Magazine.
- I'm calling very soon to the Fda and says that they should have removed the audit report (From Findsmiley.dk, red) where it says the wrong information, I have spoken with the staff, and they maintain that the at no time have indicated, as stated in the inspection report.
But According to the fødevarechef Jacob Munkhøj maintains to Ekstra Bladet, that what is stated in the inspection report, is absolutely correct.
- What we observe is a køkkenmedarbejder, who stands and smokes, while he handles the food in a relatively small local. It is true that he is not so good to English, but another employee, who is present, speaking a fine Danish and informs that the company is not unfamiliar with smoking, so we have both a determination of that which is being smoked and a piece of information about, it happens relatively often, he says.
the Fda has previously explained to Ekstra Bladet, why tobaksryning is prohibited in food
- There is a risk that food is contaminated with harmful particles or even with the cigarette butts and ash, said Martin Birch Hansen, head of section at Danish veterinary and food administration.