The former Left politician Poul Erik Schwærter, 74, from Helsinge was shot and killed by his former best friend, the 73-year-old Preben Byskov, who felt let down by the friend in connection with his problems with the Gribskov Municipality around a property.in Helsinge, which could not be sold because it was contaminated.
- He has made me hurt, explained Lars Byskov in a grundlovsforhør in the Court of Elsinore, where he has been held in custody for four weeks, charged with the killing. He kærede not.
In grundlovsforhøret it emerged that Jacob Byskov said 'you've ruined my life' just before he shot the former master carpenter at his farm Schwærtergården on Ravnebjergvej in Nellerød, Helsinge.
the Killing came to pass, while his wife was in a room next door.
The 74-year-old was shot in the back as he sat up in the bed in his bedroom, where Preben Byskov had just awakened him.
the Assassin say to the former member of the city council of the that the name Helsinge Municipality used its political connections to go behind the back of him. Preben Byskov believes that a municipal water treatment plant at his property on Idrætsvej in Helsinge has contaminated his property, so that it is unsellable.
- He could have corrected it with a stroke, said Dr. Byskov in court about his former friend.
Nils Byskov acknowledges that he fired a shot against Poul Erik Schwærter in about one and a half meters distance, but could only confess to violence resulting in death.
Defender Jan Aarup asked his client why he took his shotgun, when he went to talk with Poul Erik Schwærter?
- Perhaps to harm him. It could never occur to me to kill him. Not at all, said the 73-year-old, who is under treatment with anti-depressant medication.
the Case of the contaminated property on Idrætsvej has been going on for 11 years, and although Jacob Byskov and Poul Erik Schwærter have been 'perlevenner', so felt Preben Byskov, that the friend went behind his back to the municipality.
- He was my best friend, but he went to the municipality about my reasons. I can't sell, and is close to a bankruptcy. I have slept poorly for months, and the last three-four days not at all. I have a lot of speculation and would take down to talk with him, explained to the accused in the court.
Nils Byskov drove out to Poul Erik Schwærter, where he has been so many times before, and went up into the 74-year-olds bedroom.
- I would ask him if he could be familiar, as he had done against me. I woke him and he just laughed mockingly, came the explanation.
When Poul Erik Schwærter sat up in bed, charged Preben Byskov his shotgun with one cartridge, but fumbled and lost the other.
- I press of approximately one and a half metres from him. I don't know where I hit him. I shoot one time, then I go my way, explained Lars Byskov, which laid the rifle and cartridges from him.
The killed woman was sitting in the office, and Jacob Byskov said to her: - I have shot at your husband. I'll call the police.
- There was no reason to run from it, said Nils Byskov, who in court was wearing a police blue coveralls and had a patch on the left forearm, where he had taken a blood test.