He symbolized more than any Michael Laudrups success of the season in Swansea.
Spanish Michu arrived in the summer of 2012 from Rayo Vallecano and scored himself to instant fame and big transferværdi in the welsh club, which he helped to surprising victories over the storklubberne and a sensational trophy in the league cup.
After his pragtsæson he had to gradually give up his career because of a rebellious ankelskade after several unsuccessful attempts to enter again in kampform. But he was never bitter, and today he looks with thankfulness back in its golden years under coach Michael Laudrup, in a great interview with the Mundu Esferico.
- It was a good business for both Rayo for me. I also work with a figure from verdensfodbolden as Michael Laudrup. It was an opportunity, you do not say no to. There was good money in the trade, so it was a good change for all parties, says Michu, who today is 32 years.
He opened his Swansea career as a double scorer against Quens Park Rangers and netted the page 20 times more for the club.
Michael and I understand each other really well, " says he about the key to his success.
- He was a trainer, I really liked, for he gave the players freedom. He trained lots of possession and were the best at it, he laughs.
I understood myself so well as a player, because we spoke the same language, and he showed me to always trust. It was a really good year, and I am very grateful.
Michu remember back on its cooperation with Michael Laudrup with great appreciation. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
the Season for was for oblivion – both for Michu and Swansea.
- My ankle was hurt, and I could not play optimally. I was operated on and came back, but I never took my top level.
- playing with pain is part of professional football, but it is difficult to perform. The damage followed me in the rest of his career, and it was a little frustrating.
Michu was sold to Napoli but came only in battle five times. He made another failed attempt at Oviedo. Today, he is the team he will play in UP Langreo in the fjerdebedste Spanish number.
Michu along the way held on to, that he did not humørmæssigt had to succumb to the problems.
- I have not been depressed but frustrated. I have always considered myself as a person with a good head, and I have been lucky with support from family and friends, he says.
- I have been attended to by the best doctors, and we had to take a decision for the future, which I hope will be a long, reads it with a grin from Laudrups welsh jewel.