This was a really sad news, " says Marius Oscar Dietrichson, director of forsvarergruppen in the bar association to the Newspaper.
According to Dietrichson will Stabell be deeply missed by colleagues and all others in the court.
- Stabell devoted his life to the advokatgjerningen and was known for his skill and professional integrity. He had strong integrity, " says Dietrichson.
Dietrichson also says that Stabell has done a lot for advokatfellesskapet through the various offices in the bar association.
He will be deeply missed.- Taught me everything I can
Mette Yvonne Larsen began working for Harald Stabell when she was in the beginning of 30-years, and since worked the two together in around 20 years. She took the death message with great sadness.
- In addition to that he was a close and good friend as he was one of the truly premier forsvarsadvokatene through the ages. He has taught me everything I can about being a defender, " says the clearly marked Larsen to Dagbladet.
- How would you describe him?
- As very warm, very humorous, fun and very energetic. He was a role model when it came to stand at and work. He had a high work ethic. He is one of the most important colleagues for me throughout my career.much respect
Stabell was one of Norway's most well-known and respected lawyers, has been defence counsel in a wide variety of high profile criminal cases and has had Arne Treholt, Per Orderud and Stone Lillevolden on the client list.
This was a very sad message, " says lawyer Ellen Holager Andenæs.
Andenæs has known Stabell since the end of the school day when they went in the same class at high school.
- We've had some controversy and got together in the media when I was ordenssjef in the Oslo police department and he was the attorney for blitzerne in the 80's, but we have always had a pleasant and good tone private. He has been a skilled and respected lawyer and colleague. I had great respect for him, " says AndenæsImportant motstemme
the Lawyer Cato Schiøtz has been Stabells colleague in several contexts. Among other things, represented the Per Orderud after the killings at Orderud farm.ORDERUD CASE: Harald Stabell defended Per Orderud under the Orderud case. Here are the two pictured during the appeal Eidsivating court of appeal in 2002. Photo: Hans Arne Vedlog Show more
- I know him well. We stood download the and burst together under this issue and came very close to each other, says Schiøtz.
The two have known each other since they attended elementary school. They have studied together and worked as colleagues for many years.
He will be deeply missed. He represented something very special. He enjoyed with the proper respect and had an alternative voice. He was concerned about the weak and righteousness. He broke with the political environment he had grown up in and was a lawyer in the same tradition as Tor Erling Staff. He represented an important motstemme. Therefore, he comes to be missed the extra much. I don't know anyone who can take over the baton, says Schiøtz.- Very good lawyer
for Many years, a close friend of Harald Stabell, a lawyer and Nobelkomiteens leader Berit Reiss-Andersen, is shocked to learn of the death. She was not aware that he had been ill the last time.
- I have known Harold since I started to work with him as a young lawyer. He has throughout his life been committed to train and keep in shape, which makes the surprise and shock of his death even greater, " says Reiss-Andersen to NTB.
- Harald was one of Norway's leading forsvarsadvokater, and he has tirelessly led small and large matters with the same dedication and concern. He was a very good lawyer, as I often have recommended.
Stabell had the right to meet in the Supreme court, and was a regular defender in eight years. He was also a solid defender in the Oslo district court and Borgarting court of appeal.Short-term illness
Stabell died Saturday morning after several weeks illness. He leaves behind wife, three adult children and grandchildren.
Stabell was also politically active. In the 70's he was politically active in the AKP(m-l), and as late as in 2009 he stood on the Rødts list to the parliamentary election.
Thus it was not unnatural that it was Stabell who defended the Red-leader Bjørnar Moxnes under the so-called Lindeberg-the case in 2015, which got a lot of presseoppmerksomhet.
Very sad to hear that Harald Stabell is dead. He fought tirelessly for justice and solidarity. I am very grateful for the efforts of his Red, and the job he did when I ended up on the ones in the dock. It was a struggle for the freedom of speech, totally in line with His values. pic.twitter.com/c2MhbOvLjZ— Bjørnar Moxnes (@bmoxnes) December 16, 2018
Stabell was also blitzerne in the 80's. The most notable of them was the Stone Lillevolden, that on Twitter writes that he is deeply affected over the death message.
"Stabell is dead. He had to endure a lot of insults and vilification to be my defense in court. But for me he was the ideal lawyer, because he accepted that I politicized lawsuits, on the cross of his legal sensible advice. I was deeply touched, although he really did not like me," writes Lillevolden.
the Case is updatedDEFENSE: Harald Stabell defended the Red-leader Bjørnar Moxnes, who was acquitted in the Oslo district court after the municipality reported him for burdd confidentiality in the so-called Lindeberg-case. Photo: Ole Gunnar Onsøien / NTB scanpix Show more