A majority in the Danish Parliament has agreed on a climate change agreement with the principle of a green tax reform with the CO2 tax.
The final details remain, however, remained.
It is up to the government to draw up a proposal for a green tax reform and call for negotiations in the autumn.
All political parties minus the New Civic is in the agreement on the energy and the industrial market. Thus also the Liberal Alliance, although the party is not a part of the klimalov, that on Thursday last week, was adopted.
the Negotiations took place at the finance minister, Nicolai Wammen (S).
- Since the government came to power one year ago, we promised the danes that we should put the climate in mind and get back in the green jersey.
- It we are providing some essential steps towards today, says Wammen.
the CO2 tax is one of the many elements, which must be to ensure that Denmark's target to reduce CO2 emissions by 70 percent in 2030 compared to the 1990 level becomes a reality.
the Agreement with the CO2 tax came in place after nearly eight hours of negotiations, which began Sunday at the 17-time with the minister of finance.
Just the question of whether a CO2 tax has been a hot topic in the recent past, where several parties have advocated for, while the government in the first place has been more lukewarm at the idea.
Klimarådet, which advises the government on climate change, suggested in a report in march, to introduce a tax on greenhouse gases in order to reduce CO2 emissions.
the Agreement is the last big climate before the summer recess. There will be more agreements on climate change later.
The recently signed agreement includes CO2 reductions of 3.4 million tons. The government's proposed two million tonne.
I am the Liberal party klimaordfører, Tommy Ahlers.
- We have found 1.4 million tonnes more than the government put up to. We have also got the government that there should be implemented a tax reform with a CO2 tax.
- That we get enough need a little bit of Georg Gearless to make it. And we will also need Donald And to ensure that Denmark does not become poorer, says Ahlers.
He refers thus to the environment minister Dan Jørgensen (S), who have feared, that that will go 'Georg Gearless' in the CO2 tax.
in Order to achieve klimalovens goal of 70 percent reduction in 2030, it is estimated that there will be reduced 19 million tonnes.
Also be put in two islands, it appears of the agreement. A at the island of Bornholm and one on an artificial island in the North sea.
- With the establishment of the world's first two islands and the world's biggest bet on green fuels takes Denmark for the seriousness of the global klimalederskab again, says Dan Jørgensen.
on the whole, the agreement includes a number of elements. For example, individual oil and gas furnaces to be phased out. They need to be replaced with heat pumps and green district heating.
There must be more charging points for electric cars, and the industry must change. It must be done through improvements in energy efficiency, green power and more biogas.
It is not more expensive to be a dane. It underlines The Conservative political rapporteur, Mette Abildgaard.
- It is direct in the agreement, that it should not be more expensive to run a business in Denmark, or more expensive to be a citizen in Denmark.
- Thus we get greener taxes, but we do not get a higher tax burden, she says.
on Sunday night left the New Civil negotiations. The same did løsgængeren Sikandar Siddique - former Alternative - which is now a part of the Free Green Votes. The agreement was not ambitious enough, he thought.
- Free Green refuses to grønstemple a government that clearly has not understood klimakrisens urgent seriousness of the situation. Therefore, we leave the climate change negotiations. A slow victory is a defeat, he wrote on Twitter
in the past skeptical klimaparti the Danish people's Party is, however.
- For us, it has been important to ensure the social balance, so it's not the wallet that determines whether one can be with the green conversion, says klimaordfører Morten Messerschmidt (DF).
- on the Contrary, we have lowered taxes for nearly a billion dollars, which makes that all, for example, can get the benefit of a heat pump. Also in relation to the mind of a CO2-tax has stressed that it must not encumber the hardest disadvantaged in society. It is good, he says.
the Government's contacts with The Radical has several times threatened to topple the government, if it is not delivered on climate change soon.
- When we make the agreement, then it is because it delivers, says a political leader, Morten Østergaard (R).
- It is significant CO2 reductions. This alone aftalekompleks is at almost 3.5 million tonnes, and so is the green tax reform with a CO2-tax has been decided. It is the engine in the green transition, he says.