Like all other Danish tennisfans had Mikkel Nørby just follow Clara Tausons quarter-final in China through the figure, which moved to the graphic on the screen.
But it took certainly nothing of the K. B.-the coach's enthusiasm, as she after another tresætsgyser had defeated the Polish Magdalena Frech with a 7-5, 0-6, 6-3 at the big ITF tournament in chinese Schenzhen.
- It is piss nice. I am very impressed, exclaimed Claras klubtræner, which is one of the important actors behind her explosive development.
the Week's results have given him a great feeling in relation to the 16-year-old Tausons level in relation to the adult women on the WTA tour.
- It is such a pity, if she – because of the new system – not allowed to continue playing at the level she belongs close to the Top 100, says Mikkel Nørby with the address to a limited number of Danish wildcards on the new Transition Tour.
- She is not far from longer. You can certainly no longer say that she does not belong there, for she can play up with many of the opponents. Whether she would be able to do it week after week, is another matter.
Clara Tauson is on the way up the WTA's world rankings, but she may run out of wildcards in its path. Photo: Roger Parks
- It will be interesting if she can get wildcards enough to continue playing at the level she can continue to compete on the shelf, so it is not long before she takes hold, says he.
- It is a wonderful confirmation for all of us who have sensed her high level, she now also shows it with the results.
I also believe that she can win the tournament if she can keep it level. She has at least proven that it is a possibility, he says.
In the semifinals early Saturday morning, Danish time, she meets 29-year-old chinese Jia-Jing Lu, the world number 186, and may be considered to be the favorite at home. But it kind of has the Danish favoritdræber therefore ignored until now.
the Other day, called her father and coach, Søren Tauson, it is as crazy to dream of semi-finals and the final.
With the victory and they are now a total of 29 points crawling Clara Tauson further up on the WTA's world rankings, and is approaching the Top 500.