11 million dollars, four heavy animals and a circus with a tax liability.
The elements in the story about Denmark's last cirkuselefanter, as of Saturday may march out in the fresh air at the Elefantsletten in Knuthenborg safari park.
the Animals on the way to their new home has been long, but now has 30 years of circus and landevejsturné an end for the four cirkuselefanter.
In the spring of 2018 was a total ban on wild animals in circuses introduced in Denmark.
In august 2019 was Danish minister Mogens Jensen (S) agree with the elephants ' owners, Circus Arena and Circus Trapeze, to buy the animals for 11 million dollars.
It meant that the elephants Lara, Djungla, Jenny and Ramboline should have a new place to live.
the Choice fell on the Knuthenborg safari park.
in the Middle of may, be able to DR in a documentary revealing that the Circus Arena, who owned three out of the four elephants, owes millions of dollars in unpaid vat and tax.
From the Danish minister Mogens Jensen (S) was the message that the case was the country, as it should, and that the rules were followed.
- My focus has been the elephants ' welfare, and that they no longer need to be in the circus or a stand and have it bad, it sounded.
Ill get the it not, if we are to believe Knuthenborgs own description of the new delete.
the Safaripark call the plain for the most advanced elefantanlæg in Europe with a udeområde, which corresponds to the 188 private properties.
- The most correct name is probably a kind of european slettelandskab.
- There are large solitary oak trees, and otherwise there is a big græsslette, a wetland and a sandy area, says Rasmus Nielsen, who is chefzoolog in Knuthenborg safari park.
He hopes that everything will go well, and that the elephants goes on a discovery tour.
- Elephants are inquisitive and curious animals, especially if they're looking for new delicious things they can eat.
- So at that have tried to establish the plant well, we hope that we can move the elephants out to different areas of the plant, so they can go on the discovery, he says.
the Project is made in cooperation with Animal Protection.
Elefantsletten open on Saturday morning at 11 o'clock.