- We are a family of 16 persons, who ordered a journey with Sunweb, with the departure here in may.
- My father and stepmother are both 60 years old, and they have saved up the last years, in order to be able to give the entire family such an experience together.
- It was their dream to be able to celebrate it with such an experience. But it would not go, for the trip was of course cancelled due to. Covid19. And of course this is as it should be.
so begins Sofie H, which is one of the many thousands of danes who have destroyed the dream of holiday and udlandseventyr of corona, an email to the nation! Sofie has - since the holiday was cancelled - are struggling to get in contact with Sunweb, to hear what she had to do to get the 21.403 kr. return, as the family had already paid. But she does not feel she has received a response, and on the company's Facebook page you can actually see that she is not the only one who is dissatisfied. Her complaint - which Sunweb'd like to comment on - continues namely as follows:
- the Problem is that they have closed their phones.
- They have ignored my last 9 emails, despite the fact that they write that you get a response within 1-3 days.
- It is 14 days since I sent the one...
- I am shocked by their construction and the way to tackle this situation.
- They sit and spend time to be pictures up on Facebook, that if you dream to go, but they don't spend time to answer their customers ' inquiries.
- What the hell is that for a behavior.
- My father is truck driver and my step-mother is førtidspensionist. They have not very much money.
- They have saved up in I know not how long time to be able to give the family this holiday.
- Now we can't even celebrate their 60års birthday in a cottage, for it has the not afford, so long as the Sunweb maintain our money..
- I think it is outright theft!, write About it, that Wednesday received an email from Sunweb, which makes it clear that there is no money on the road in years. the nation! have spoken with Sunweb, who sent this explanation:
- Here is what we have communicated to our guests that should have raised after the 14/4 – travelers before this date, we have offered below, or full refund:
We know that you have been waiting for news from us regarding your canceled trip. Corona virus has hit the us and the rest of the Danish leisure travel hard, and we are right now in an extraordinary situation, which no one could foresee or prepare for.
All are struggling right now to get through the crisis, and in this mail you will find our solution on this. We thank you for your patience.
the Government has adopted a stimulus package, which aims to save the Danish leisure travel for the acute liquidity crisis which it is facing right now. Although Sunweb Group is registered with the travel guarantee fund and operate completely in accordance with Danish laws, regulations and rules, Sunweb Group does not receive the aid package from the Danish government. Sunweb Group has, quite legally, provided its guarantee in the Dutch travel guarantee fund, but can of cause not use the Parliamentary tools available, cf. the Danish travel guarantee fund. Even though the EUROPEAN commission requires that all travellers must be covered by the assistance package, this is unfortunately not the case.
In other words, it is not all Danish consumers, which is secured to the refund of their canceled travel by means of the stimulus packages that the government has negotiated. Sunweb Group sends more than 125,000 guests away each year, why it is highly strange that we are not part of a scheme to rescue the Danish leisure travel and interested Danish guests. We have, therefore, challenged this decision, but after a long struggle it has not yet managed to change it.
Both the EUROPEAN commission and a majority in the Danish parliament recommends a voucherløsning, which ensures that you will not lose the value of your travel, while you can be sure to be able to use the Danish leisure travel in the future.
An industry which, under coronakrisen has proved its worth, when the unexpected happens and comes to with the help of destinations and in the context of acute hjemrejser.
In the light of this, we see the vouchers or credit notes (vouchers) as the best solution, which, together with a wide range of benefits, as well as satisfy you as a guest, both now and in the future.SGR coronavoucher
Your trip was cancelled due to. special circumstances in connection with the spread of the coronavirus. You will receive a voucher with the amount that you have paid for your canceled trip. This personal SGR coronavoucher allows you to book a erstatningsrejse at a later time, when it again becomes possible to go on vacation.Your money is secured
Coronavoucheren is prepared in cooperation with the Dutch travel guarantee fund SGR. Sunweb Group is a member of SGR. If a tour operator, who is a member of the SGR goes bankrupt, and you still have an unused SGR coronavoucher, the amount will be refunded by the SGR. Your money is guaranteedRepayment after 12 months
if you Use not your SGR coronavoucheren within 12 months from the date when you receive your voucher, you can ask for a full refund of your paid amount, or the amount as not been used for a new journey.best price Guarantee
It is expected that prices on travel are going to increase after the crisis, and therefore is associated with a particular price to your SGR coronavoucher, which means that you will be able to buy the same journey next year for the same price as in the year – see more here: https://www.sunweb.dk/corona-voucher/corona-voucher-og-prisgaranti.20% bonus – your voucher has higher value of
do you Want a completely different trip, we put 20% of the value of your cancelled travel on top of your SGR coronavoucher, which you can avail when you book your erstatningsrejse.Security
It is important to us that you are happy and feel at ease with your upcoming holiday. You can therefore completely up to 14 days before departure to change your trip at no charge for a second trip, but no later than 31/8.
When you accept SGR coronavoucheren, is you with to ensure Sunweb Group and our staff can continue to offer cheap travel, Danish guides and reassurance on the journey. We hope that this email clarifies the situation and explains why a voucherløsning is the best for all parties.
You will receive an email with your SGR coronavoucher within the next 2 weeks, as well as more information on how and when you can redeem it.
Get an answer to all your questions on the SGR corona-the voucher here: https://www.sunweb.dk/corona-voucher/faq
The best greetings, write Mattijs ten Brink, CEO, Sunweb Group and Deniz Jensen, director, Sunweb Group Scandinavia, but what are you thinking?